Tuesday, July 13, 2010

After all… it’s what FUN is!

Grandma took us to Lagoon while we were in Utah and we had a WONDEFUL time.  Thanks Grandma!

ut - lagoon train soph smleut - lagoon train tess big smile 

The carousel was a fast favorite.  I don’t know how many times they rode it but it was A LOT!  Tessa’s favorite was the doggie (by far!) Sophie changed her mind a lot but I think her favorite was the swan, look how conceited she is in that swan.

ut - lagoon carosel Soph ut - lagoon carosel soph swan ut - lagoon carousel tess horse

ut - lagoon carousel gma on the stork ut - lagoon carousel tess dog weee  ut - lagoon carosel tess and gma 2

Sophie had some apprehension about the rides.  The first ride she chose was “the Dumbo ride”  I’m sure because she’s seen a video of her cousin Elise riding the one at Disneyland.  We got there as the park opened and since Tessa was too small, Sophie was the only rider on the whole ride.  After she was strapped in and ready to go, I had to step outside the fence for the ride to commence… her smile faded and before the 17 year old boy could start the ride Sophie broke into sobs, “I NEVER RIDE IN A DUMBO!!!!”  This story is one of her favorites to share, so if you see Sophie soon ask her about riding Dumbo and she’ll quickly tell you that she is scared to ride in Dumbo and will reiterate the same story with emphasis (and yelling as she did that day) on the “NEVER RIDE IN A DUMBO!!!” part. She never backed out of another ride while we were there but she sure pulled some sad faces while the rides began, check it out:

ut - lagoon air plane soph scowl ut - lagoon boat

ut - lagoon car ut - lagoon space ship soph sad face

Of course, after she looked so unhappy on a ride she was quick to tell us how much she liked it when it was over.  Also, Sophie REALLY enjoyed her first experience with Dip-n-Dots “the ice cream of the future.” 

ut - lagoon space ship soph talkingut - lagoon soph dip-n-dots

The train ride was probably a close 2nd favorite to the carousel.  There are animals on exhibit there but they are UGLY!  We rode the train a few times as well.

 ut - lagoon top of swing ride ut - lagoon train camel

ut - lagoon train hug ut - lagoon train Sophie ut - lagoon train tess smile

Here are a couple pictures of the other rides.  I would like to provide these horrible pictures as evidence to my husband that I need a telephoto lens! :)  Just for the record.

ut - lagoon air plane soph and tess 2 ut - lagoon rattle snake gma and soph 2

Sophie enjoyed the water fountain on the way out, Tessa was too cranky and tired and opted to stay in the stroller.

ut - lagoon foutain soph strike pose ut - lagoon foutain soph run

Well, Lagoon, thank you for the fun day I am sure Sophie will talk about you until we come back again, or we go to Disneyland of course.  Until next time…

ut - lagoon car driving away

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Oh, how fun! I haven't been to Lagoon in such a long time! Your girls are so cute. I love all Sophie's expressions, how funny! Glad you had a good time.

Tracy Giles said...

I love that picture of the girls hugging! So cute!