Dan’s mom is a really special lady. She is always making such wonderful cute things and coming up with new ideas of how to spoil my children. I think this idea is a really good one! She holds “Cousin Camp” at her house each summer so all of her grandkids come to stay and spend time with her and each other. It’s just a day camp so far, but that may change as our kids get older.
For our art activity Ann taught us how to make egg carton caterpillars. They turned out so cute, it’s been 2 weeks and my girls still play with theirs.
This picture would have been better if I focused on Elise’s caterpillar instead of her face, but it’s just instinctive. Look Tessa’s guilty face! She tried to eat the markers and then opted for a cookie instead.
Last year’s swimming in the back yard was a huge hit, and this year was no different for everyone but Tess. She was more interested in sitting by mom and eating crackers.
{Sophie is crazy in the pool.} {I really doubt there is ANYTHING in this world cuter than my Tessa in her new swim suit, even with a scowl on her face! Oh I love it.}
{Melody was FREEZING! She wouldn’t admit it, nor would she stop playing in the water. But I did manage to get a picture of one of her shiver faces, she’s so funny.} {Lily is getting bigger but she still looks so small! She was a really good sport and didn’t cry in the water at all.}
Popsicle break! Oh how I love pictures in the shade so much better than in the sun, a little photography portrait tip: move your subject into the shade and your pictures will look 10 times better. Don’t believe me? Compare the pictures below to the ones above.
{Well, HI Lilly!} {Ann decided to try and take Tessa in the pool again…while the big girls were eating.}
The first time I put Tessa in the water she kept slipping on the bottom and sliding under the water, after 3 dunks she was T.O.!! Round 2 wasn’t very different, she went down the slide and didn’t stand up at the bottom so she went under again. She used to love the water.
{Tessa’s using baby cuss words in this picture that aren’t appropriate for the blog. :) Lucky Elise ran past at just the right moment to join this pic.} {Sophie smearing Elise on the grass. Soph is a really physical girl. She loves to wrestle and will run up and tackle you without warning. Sophie is also very into hugs, kisses, snuggles, kicking, punching and biting. (We’re working on the last 3.) She will growl at you if she’s playing tigers or if you’re doing something she doesn’t like, kind of like a wild animal. Don’t mess with Sophie!}
They both were having fun so I let them have at it. These 2 really enjoy each other’s company, you can tell.
Speaking of Sophie, I took these shots of her running and jumping in the pool.
After the pool and pizza for lunch all the girls took a nap, except grumpy Tessa! The little stinker is so picky about having her pillow, her blanket, etc… Although, we did take away her binky this last weekend and it hasn’t been too bad! We bribed the kids to sit on the blanket outside for a photo shoot. Cami got a good one, but mine are more of the “candid” look.
{Tessa, Lily, Elise, Sophie and Melody. In case you didn’t know!} {Look closely and you can see Tessa’s half-eaten orange candy falling from her mouth, I put in an arrow. She is such a messy eater.}
We let them play a bit while the adults ate dinner and after one more group shot in their new *matching* pj’s, we took them home to bed.
{Tessa was beyond tired from missing her nap.} {More bribery to sit still for a picture.}
These pajamas are adorable, they have a tutu to put on top! We love them. I love hearing Tessa say “Two tuuuu,” with her lips pursed.
Can’t believe I didn’t get a picture of the founder of cousin’s camp, Grandma Nina. Next year you need to be in this last picture Nina, matching jammies or not! Thanks for another great camp!!









6 comments:
So much fun! What a GREAT idea!
I love how Sophie was always on top when they were wrestling, thats how it is with most things in life. So many cute pictures. Can't wait for next year!
I think I have an obsession with reading your blog. Cousin camp sounds like fun. My mom wanted to do something like that but everyone lives to far that it is to expensive to do for all the kids. Hopefully you all always live close enough that you can drive and do it. Miss you and love those cute girls.
I can't wait for that first grandson to come along and mess it all up! Actually I'm sure that Nina will handle the change fine, she is amazing! Such cute girls!
Such a fun day! I love seeing them all in their swim suits, super cute! And that picture of Lily is awesome! She must have been yelling when you took it. fun times!
What a fun tradition. I love their matching outfits and pj's. Cute girls. Where are the boys?
Post a Comment