Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MoTab at Red Rocks

Last night we were lucky enough to get tickets to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra perform here in Colorado at the beautiful Red Rocks amphitheater.  It was their last stop on a 2 week tour.  And they totally ROCKED!  Here's our view from where we sat:

beach and concert - the view

Pretty good right?  If you look closely you can see downtown Denver just to the right of the green mountains.  They sang some songs from the LDS hymn book but most of it was stuff I hadn't ever heard before including some classical stuff and folk songs from around the world.  When they sang America the Beautiful I cried like a little girl, it was so beautiful.  I got the chills several times when they really let it us have it.  The last time they had come to Red Rocks was in 1984!  What a great opportunity, I am glad we went.

beach and concert - Dan and Jess flash beach and concert - Dan and Jess no flash

Dan and I smiling because we had a good babysitter at home watching the kids. beach and concert - Dan and Jess rock

beach and concert 059  beach and concert 060

We were all thrilled and surprised to see President Monson there!  Sorry for the crappy picture, it's very cropped and pixilated, but it's HIM I swear. :)

beach and concert - pres Monson

3 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

That first picture is BEAUTIFUL! Wow what an awesome view! I would have loved going to something like that. And don't worry I would probably be crying at the songs too!

mommaquincy said...

That is really great that you could go! I don't know when I last heard the "choir" in person!

Megan said...

What an awesome experience. I wish we could have been there, beautiful. You two are so cute.