I can't believe Tess is already 6 months old!! I swear I just barely delivered her. She is such a delight, I love her to pieces. She's still got a sweet easy-going personality. This month she got her first 2 teeth and learned how to roll over both ways. She is pretty good at getting around to toys she wants without crawling. She can angle her rolls in order to get were she wants to be. She is close to sitting on her own. She sits for awhile but eventually will do a nose dive or fall backwards. My favorite new tricks of hers is that she has the dexterity to now put her binky in her mouth, LOVE that! She loves to swim but cries every time I first put her in the bath. Tessa also loves solid food, she will eat rice cereal with just water and finishes every fruit or vegetable jar I open for her. It seems she can't ever get enough, I remember Sophie being the same way, never full. She sleeps through the night on occasion but still likes a snack around 2 in the morning. I should let her cry it out but it hasn't been worth the risk of her waking up Sophie, you mom's know what I'm talking about. In the middle of the night you don't care about principle, you just want to get back in bed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! She can put herself asleep though, we lay her down awake a lot, it's just when she's too upset I go get her. Her nick names are chubba-wubba, chubbers, Tessa-messa, and baby rabies. Sophie has adopted the 2nd one, she calls her chubbers all the time.
Sophie loves her sister and is much more interested in her now that she can play a bit. If Tessa is upset then so is Sophie, she won't let me leave Tessa for a second! She will come screaming to me, "Baby cryin'!! Mom, baby Tessa cry!" Earlier this month, Sophie was driving me crazy because she would whine CONSTANTLY so I would tell her to stop crying and use her words. Sophie's whinning has improved, she can calm herself down and ask nicely. Sometimes when Tessa cries and it upsets Sophie and she'll yell at her to, "STOP cryin' Tessa, no cryin'!" My favorite is when Tessa is just in her diaper Sophie will play with her rolls. Soph just laughs and pinches the fat rolls on Tessa's back and says, "so cute, baby."
As you can see, Sophie's depth perception needs some help. What a crack up!
The pictures for this post are courtesy of this camera my Dad's old one, on loan to me until mine is repaired. Bad news, they accidentally put my camera in the "waiting for approval" pile instead of "work on" pile after I told them to go ahead with the repair 2 weeks ago. So it's going to be another couple weeks. Sigh... at least I have something, thanks Mom and Dad for the loaner!!









10 comments:
I am so glad we left you a camera! How could we miss Tessa's 6 month picture? And Sophie is so cute with the giraffe! Still wearing a dress though, eh?
Sophie's such a crack up! I can only hope this little one is half as cute as either of yours!
Love your girls. Can't wait to get together soon. Elise still talks about Sophers. My mom is planning "cousins camp" and can't wait to start!
Such cute photos!
You are so good at updating. It seems to take me forever after the even has happened. Tessa is a DOLL so cute. I am jealous you got to go to girl's camp. I love it. Looks like you guys are always up to fun. Happy pre-Birthday to Dan.
Tessa is SO cute! I also LOVE how Sophie is riding that giraffe!
Your girls are adorable and Tessa cracks me up. How can she be so adorable and ridiculous at the same time? Those wide eyes look nearly startled. I can't help but wonder what you're doing on the other side of the camera.
So I got your comment about possibly going back to work when Dan graduates. I've loved working and we'd been juggling our schedules to minimize daycare--the kids went for half a day two days a week. And they actually loved it, but I just hate to think someone else is raising my kids. I'm sure you and Dan will figure something out for your girls that will work splendidly. Keep us posted on the plans!
Love to all--Mary
Tessa is getting so big and cute, I can't believe she is already 6 months. So can you tell what color of eyes she has now? It's hard to tell in the pictures if they are brown or dark blue.
I love her rolls, I can't blame Sophie for playing with them- they look like a lot of fun.
Your blog is so fun! I haven't been here for awhile and you have been up to tons this summer. I love seeing all your trips and your family has grown! I love that you have that lake close by...that looks like so much fun. Your girls are so darling and you look so great! I can't believe you ran a 10K!!! Good for you!
I can't believe your two little girls are getting so big. The next thing you know Sophie will be in Kindergarten.
Post a Comment