Monday, April 27, 2009

solid food for my solid girl

tessa's 1st cereal - page

We gave Tessa her first taste of rice cereal last week.  She ate it surprisingly well!  She liked it much more than Sophie did, probably because we used breast milk instead of water in it.  The plan is to feed it to her once a day but so far it's been more like every other... It's sure cute to see her little head and big eyes barely peaking above the tray.  She seems so big a lot of the time since she's chubby; but sitting her in a chair makes me realize how small she still is.  I still think she's growing faster than Sophie did.  She fits Sophie's 1st summer clothes NOW so I'm afraid we'll be a season off this whole first year of hand-me-downs.  Oh well!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

That is one happy baby! I can't believe how many pictures she's smiling in compared to not! I hope she stays that way!

mommaquincy said...

That picture on the top right looks exactly like one I have of you!

Ambyr said...

She can't be old enough for that can she? WOW time flies!!! She's so stinkin cute! Austin is good, thanks. We had a rough weekend but we are doing much better now. You are right, things really seem to be far worse at night or early in the morning.

Jenelle said...

Cute blog header- I love it! Yay for rice cereal! I love those pics. Your camera is awesome, by-the-way.

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

That is so much fun! I love feeding them food and am so excited to do that for Adri!

Mandy @ Raising Little Dudes said...

Neacel HATES rice cereal unless there is applesauce in it! We tried many times with formula and water and nothing worked till the doctor said to try applesauce and it was a huge success!
Tessa is growing up so fast and is so adorable!