For the record, Sophie has developed an imagination.
Sophie: Mommy, porkepine poop the poddy.
Me: Porcupines poop on the potty?
Sophie: Yeah. (giggles)
Me: Yep, porcupines ALWAYS do their poops on the potty. (When asked, I tell her every animal, fictional and non-fictional character uses the toilet, anything to make it sound more cool!)
Sophie: Porkepine poop on MY potty!
Me: A porcupine pooped on YOUR potty?
Sophie: Yeah. Silly porkepine! (giggles)
At least SOMEONE is using that princess potty. Sophie has lost interest completely. I don't make her but I always suggest it when I can tell she needs to go, she always says no and cries. So I just let it go. I've talked to a few moms with head-strong first children like Sophie and they all suggest letting her decide to do it on her own. I think that's what I'll do. She's kind of like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, in that everything has to be HER idea or it's a bad idea.
On a less silly note, Sophie said something that really surprised me this weekend. She was pulling on her hand saying "off, off" I asked her what she wants off and she said, "sticker off, brown sticker off!" Apparently Sophie thinks her mole is a sticker and wants to take it off. I told her that's her mole and it doesn't come off, she seemed satisfied but asked me again the next day. I just told her the same thing about it not coming off. I was wondering when she'd notice. Made me think again about getting it removed. Anyone who has read my blog for long knows that this is a REALLY difficult decision for me. But it's just not a possibility right now. Maybe after we get new insurance in a year or two. At least I don't have to decide yet.
.jpg)









4 comments:
That girl is amazing. The thing about wanting the mole off is that she might just want it back on the next day. She's still too young to know what she wants.
I can't wait to see her in 3 weeks and 3 days!
she's a keeper. Austin thinks that everything poops in his potty also, every thing but him that is.
What an imagination! I can't believe how cute she is.
so cute! she is getting so big!
Post a Comment