Friday, May 8, 2009

obsessions

Meet the object of Sophie's affection this past week, the green apple:

thursday morning green apple and boots - the apple 

We first saw this apple at the grocery store on Monday morning.  Sophie cried out for it from across the produce section, "GREEN apple please!"  I let her hold it... and drop it while I finished my shopping.  I didn't really want it after it was so bruised but, feeling obligated due to the damage inflicted by my daughter, I purchased the beloved green apple.

Sophie continued to hold, and drop, this apple around the house for 2 days.  Even asking to sleep with it for bed and nap time comfort.  Then Wednesday morning as I was trying to get my act together so we could go to play group at the park she begged me to let her bring it along.  It was a sight to see Sophie attempt to climb playground toys she normally has difficulty with apple-free, with this thing tucked under her arm.  I kept trying to get it from her but she refused.  I finally got it away when she was swinging (her first love), the apple clenched between her knees.  I quickly hid it in the diaper bag thinking I had won but as soon as I closed her door for nap time she remembered and yelled, "Mommy GREEN apple please!"  I had to smile as I left the room the second time hearing her tell her apple it was nap time, "go sleep green apple, night night."

It wasn't until yesterday morning she agreed to let me cut it.

thursday morning green apple and boots - ymmy apple thursday morning green apple and boots - proud Sophie

Sophie can be so weird some times.  Here she is proud of her outfit selection that morning.

That afternoon we enjoyed some beautiful weather on a blanket eating some FRESH apples, blowing bubbles, cloud watching, and walking backwards (thank you Mater for teaching Sophie that one).

afternoon outside - Soph blowing bubbles afternoon outside - Soph cloud watching

afternoon outside - Soph walking backwards afternoon outside - Tessaafternoon outside - not cooperating 

I set the girls up in some great lighting to take a cute picture... but Sophie wasn't interested and kept squeezing Tessa's arm to make her cry.  So I didn't get ONE picture of either of them smiling together, oh well.  But I did get some great crying pictures in that gorgeous light! :)

Ok I know, this is like the post that never ends but I wanted to share a few more pictures.  Sophie has a hard time sharing (anyone surprised?).  Especially her old high chair, so I had her help me feed Tessa instead of throw a tantrum on the floor, she seemed to like that a lot more.

Sophie feeding Tessa - open wide

Sophie feeding Tessa - the damage

Tessa seemed a little unsure about it and just stared at me the whole time.  I just want to kiss her all the time, isn't she sweet?  Apparently the feeling is mutual because she's developed a strong preference for mommy lately.

thursday morning green apple and boots - Tessa

Her second favorite: her right thumb.  Anyone know how to stop a thumb sucker early?

I think my obsession is obvious, taking pictures, especially of my kids. Second place for me is running.  I am excited for my first 10k in a couple weeks, shooting for 50 minutes.  Dan's current obsession would have to be the NBA playoffs, with his finals coming in second.

7 comments:

Jenelle said...

I love the picture of Sophie feeding Tessa and Tessa's face afterwards! Priceless. Your pictures are great. Cute cute girls!

mommaquincy said...

That was very fun! Sophie is hilarious! So she did eat the apple after treating it like her best friend for a few days? I really got a kick out of the picture of Sophie feeding Tessa. They are beautiful girls and I can't wait to see them and take pictures of them myself! Thanks for sharing!

Dannenbergs said...

I love the messy face, but I love the expression on Tessa's face even more. She is such a sweet baby.

SS said...

As far as thumb sucking goes, there is this little contraption that you can put on your toddlers thumb, that you leave on for two weeks. It doesn't hurt and you adjust it to your child's thumb and it may feel "unconfortable" for a few days. When they go to suck on it, they find it difficult because the thumb is surrounded by plastic....I don't know if this thing works or not but alot of people that i babysit for use it.

Ann said...

Put a sock on that hand for a while, that's what some of my friends did with their kids, it makes it harder for them to get to the thumb. Miss you guys tons!

Kolbi Young said...

I got such a kick out this post. You can certainly say that your girls keep you not only busy, but well entertained! Loved the apple story, so much that I made my husband read it.....Sophie is just a very social girl :)

The Staples Fam said...

Your girls are so beautiful jessica! Seriously... I love all the pics.