We've had a hot start to this week. Monday and Tuesday were in the 90's and today it's 85! So I took the girls swimming for the first time this summer. This sorry picture was taken before we got in, Tessa was half asleep and Sophie was VERY excited to get in, NOT to get her picture taken. I couldn't very well take a picture of them in the water... who would hold them? I actually have a pretty cute picture of the 3 of us swimming taken by a kind sun bather, but... well, (awkward silence)... aaaa, I've got too much cleavage in the pic to be sharing with my friends and family :)(throwing that suit away, how embarrassing!!).
Anyway, here are some pictures from our night out bowling with the Lawrences over the weekend. Sophie really enjoyed jumping off the 2 inch ledge and dancing for us in her dress. She dances a lot anyway but if you put her in a dress with a full skirt, and turn up the music, boy are you in for a treat!
Speaking of princesses, check out these cute girls! I got to watch 2 of Sophie's friends while their parents were at the temple on Saturday. She really loves Emily and Ally. Sophie is very into princesses lately and often asks me to sing her the princess song... ("Mommy sing-a me prince!") I don't know what she's talking about so I just make it up... every time! She will make me sing it several times consecutively telling me what to sing Princess Sophie doing (dance, color, sleep on a pillow, sit on the potty, etc.) I think it's pretty cute. She'll nod her head the whole time as if in agreement that she IS in fact a princess.
Tessa was 5 months old on Sunday, and wearing a size 18 months dress... yep it's pretty big but not as big as it should be! I had morning meeting right before church so Dan got the girls ready, I think he did a pretty good job! He even put that flower in her hair. The other day she was wearing the same thing when an elderly gentlemen in our apartment complex said, referring to Tessa, "he don't need that thing in his hair!" We told him Tessa's a girl and he just said, "oh, that's fine then, you wear that." Silly guy, maybe people forget that ALL babies have short hair and assume that short hair means boy. I think she pulls it off quite nicely!
Tessa is getting better at grabbing toys successfully and getting them in her mouth, she's very social and loves to talk. She is very close to getting her first tooth, I can see her bottom two through her gums, it's only a matter of time! I love her chunky rolls and can't help but pick her up and snuggle when she's in her diaper.
Dan's on his "break" right now. He's done with finals and working full-time (fun break huh?) but he's going to start a couple summer classes on Tuesday, so I'm afraid it will be short-lived. I just wanted to take a moment and say how much I appreciate all he does for our family. I know he makes huge sacrifices for us everyday; we love him so much! Keep it up honey, only one more year!!
My break is coming up too, on Wednesday we're having a family reunion with my parents and brothers and sisters up at Estes Park. I am SOoooooooo excited!! Can't hardly wait.









3 comments:
Warm weather is so great! I think you got a pretty good picture of the girls, considering the circumstances. And I love that polka-dot dress Tessa's in. So cute!
Are you guys planning on going to Utah this summer?
Those girls are adorable! I'm glad that Sophie knows she's princess! I can't wait to hear the song! It was pretty freezing at Jonathan's meet yesterday, so its hard to imagine it being warm enough for Tessa to swim there! Thanks for the pictures now I'm more trunky than ever!!!
We can't wait to see you guys either! And snuggle those cue little girls! I can't believe how big they are! Hopefully teeth coming won't mean Tessa's too cranky for the reunion!
Post a Comment