Monday, April 20, 2009

our week in review

During the week nothing seemed that spectacular but as I am sifting through all the hundreds of pictures I've taken, I have to admit, we did have a pretty darn fun week!

zoo - me and Soph by the hippo  zoo - kimono dragonzoo - stinky bum

We went to the zoo on a nice day and a very exciting thing happened!  For the first time in her life, Sophie was afraid of an animal!!  I have worried about how she isn't scared of any big dog at the park or creepy animal at the zoo.  But she was TERRIFIED of this kimono dragon, I think it was because he was right next to the glass drooling.  She just screamed and hid behind my legs, made me happy.  There is hope of survival! :)  Funny story, notice the monkey in the back of the picture with the pink bum.  Sophie said, "Ewww, monkey stinky bum! mommy change a diaper, yeah." 

 

 

more snow - Dan grilling

The next day we got a HUGE snow storm, but that didn't stop Dan... he still wanted to grill that night.  He loves to BBQ!

bathing beauties - page Tess 4 months page

Tess 4 months - tummy sweet smile Tess 4 months - tummy close smile

Tessa joined Sophie for a bath for the first time this week, she seemed to like it more than Sophie did.  Sophie's not so into sharing these days. :)  I got some cute pictures of my 4 month old beauty as well.  She isn't sleeping as well as she was a month ago, wakes up a few times at night now... (11pm, 2am, 5am) hopefully it's just a phase.  But she is more into toys and will play by herself a bit now.  I love how she "talks" (or yells) at stuffed animals and people.  She's a lot of fun to play with!  Here are her stats from the doctor : 13 lbs 9.4 oz (51%); 24.5 inches tall (61%); and head circumference 41 cm (53%).

4.18.09 - star fest - Amber and Jess by the robot 4.18.09 - star fest - Jess w storm troopers 

Saturday morning I went with the youth to the Denver Star Fest Sci-Fi convention.  Never thought I'd say that...  Anyway a bishop in our stake puts it on and got us in for free (good thing too an adult day pass was $35!).  We had such a good time, there was tons to do including having breakfast with the cling-ons and talking with robots. I especially enjoyed people watching.  There were lots of interesting people there.  A good portion of the people were dressed up in some CRAZY awesome costumes.  I was nervous to ask for pictures until I did it a couple times and discovered they LOVE it!  I have tons more pictures but I'll spare you. :)  I have to say that Dan was pretty jealous he didn't get to go... oh well, maybe next year!

lazy Sunday - Soph eggslazy Sunday - abby egg lazy Sunday - Soph looking at the water lazy Sunday - Soph tromping in the water lazy Sunday - Tessa outsidelazy Sunday - Soph's drinking problem

We had a really fun Sunday yesterday.  It was stake conference so it was meeting free!!  Well, so I thought.  I remembered at 8:00 that I was supposed to go to a youth fireside at 6... oops.  But it was really nice to spend time together as a family.  Sophie and I (finally) colored eggs while Dan and Tessa watched the Jazz lose.  Ironically Sophie's favorite egg wasn't any of the cute sesame street characters it was a plain white one she didn't want to color.  She carried it around the rest of the day.

We went on a walk together for the first time in too long.  Dan and I discussed where he should take the bar, Colorado or Utah... that's a doosey!  I think it will be awhile until we decide.  I let Sophie splash in the puddles from the snow melt, she really enjoyed it.  She will jump in any amount of water (big or small) she can find proclaiming, "Sophie SPLASH a wahder!"  She usually gets in trouble for ruining her clothes so it was fun to just put her rain boots on and let her loose.  As you can see from the last picture, Sophie's got a bit of a drinking problem... she had water in one cup and milk in the other and decided it was hilarious to drink them simultaneously.

If you read that whole post you deserve a cookie.  Phew!  So that was my week, how was yours?

17 comments:

mommaquincy said...

that does look like a full week! Tessa is more adorable every day! She'll be another month older before I get to see her! Dang! Dan was just worried about you getting too friendly with the strange characters there at the Star Trek convention. That is really hilarious that Sophie likes the white egg best. I guess she's a purist. I think the Sesame St. ones are cute. Its nice to see Sophie using her green boots in the manner they were designed for. Thanks for sharing! Will you email bigger versions of the pictures?

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

I read it all! Where's my cookie?

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

P.S. I love your music on your bloggie...so hip and coming!

Ann said...

YOU AT A SCI PHY CONVENTION! I'm glad you took pictures, I wouldn't have beleived you! You need a nap!

Inspired said...

Wow! Tessa is cuter and cuter EVERY time you post! My son was looking at the blog with me and when we scrolled down to her pics he said, "oh, cuuuute!" A little heart stealer already! Watch out!

Erika Ellis said...

Yep, pretty dang cute kids! And for the record, I deserve a cookie, I read the whole blog, but I enjoyed it, so do I still get the cookie?

Summer said...

Jessica I do believe you have two of the most beautiful children i have ever seen. Lots of people have one cute child but I can not believe how gorgeous both your children are. I love and miss you.

Jenelle said...

Glad you had a great week! Tessa's 4 month old pictures are adorable. She gets prettier everyday, if that's possible. I love her dress and bow!

Kolbi Young said...

Such a busy week! Just the girlies alone keep you busy, let alone trying to entertain them :) I would be completely lost at the Star Fest, too! Very funny, but I'm glad you took photos!

Ambyr said...

Your girls are beautiful! Tessa is getting so big. Austin totally hates to share and isn't all that fond of taking a bath with Paityn either. Your zoo looks amazing. I should come visit so that we can go to your zoo!

Andrea said...

I love the 4 month old picture of Tessa - what a doll! I'm really happy that you went to a sci-fi convention - of course, I consider you a nerd now (J/k), but the pictures are way funny!

Cieslak Family said...

I can't believe how much Tessa has changed from the last time I saw her. She is getting so big, and of course cuter all the time.
Bytheway, you look great! Can't tell you recently had a baby at all :)

Tracy Giles said...

I love your new blog header! You have such beautiful girls!!

Crafty Momma said...

Tessa is gorgeous! she looks just like you! She is so photo genic! your girls are just too cute for words!! Your blog is super adorable!

bethany said...

The thing about your girls that makes them look like sisters is that they both have those huge, round eyes. So cute.

Megan said...

Cute! Looks like you did have a fun week. She seems like Blake he always has to have a cup of juice and milk at the same time. Cute pic of Dan and Sophie sleeping now and when she was born.

Debbie Y said...

Oh mind, both of your little girls are cute!

btw, your family photo (on your header) simply lovely.