Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving weekend 031Hope you all had a nice thanksgiving filled with lots of family, friends, turkey, and shopping!!  We had all of that (minus the family... well we had each other, just not extended family). :) We had a few friends over for dinner on Thanksgiving.  I didn't get a picture of the Clarks for some reason but here is Angi's family (don't remember her maiden name sorry) who not only brought a lot of fun people to dinner but 2 beautiful turkeys, stuffing, treats, and potatoes!  We were happy to share the holiday with them.  Originally it was just going to be the Clarks, us, and the Roberts but Angi's family decided to make the trip after we had already made plans for dinner.  So we decided that the more the merrier!!  And it was.  I thought Sophie looked comical with her thanksgiving dinner stuffed belly hanging out watching video games with the guys. The first picture is of Sophie helping Dan with the potatoes.  As soon as he started peeling one she'd be ready with the next one, he just couldn't go fast enough.

Thanksgiving weekend - Sophie after dinnerThanksgiving weekend - Angi's family

Angi and I were at Wal-Mart the following morning at 4:15.  I know it sounds crazy but when you are poor, it is worth it to get up early to save some money!  We were shocked to see the HUGE parking lot completely full 45 min before they even opened.  It was kind of creepy.  The store was actually opened and you could wander around and grab things, we just weren't allowed to check out until 5:00.  We were kind of upset we didn't know this and were worried we were too late for some of the deals.  Turns out they had the big sale items covered and guarded, they were not "unleashed" until 5.  It was mayhem but a fun experience and it felt good to get so many good deals.  We actually got out of there and to Target before it opened at 6 as well.  Enough details, I am happy to say that I FINISHED all my Christmas shopping yesterday!!!! And it feels good.

I also put up all of our Christmas decorations yesterday.  That was oodles of fun!  Sophie is mesmerized by the tree and loves to point out all the snowmen and Santa's around the living room.  It will be a miracle if all my decorations survive her this year.

We woke up this morning to some gorgeous SNOW!!  So before Dan left to go study at school I made him take Sophie out and make a snowman with her.  She had a ball.  She really enjoyed playing in the snow and "helping" daddy.

Thanksgiving weekend - Soph snow looking up  Thanksgiving weekend - crazy Soph in the snow

Thanksgiving weekend - Dan, Soph, snowman Thanksgiving weekend - Soph and snowman

Sophie loves snowmen and has been singing Once there was a Snowman since nursery Sunday.  I tried to get it on video but she won't perform. :(  She just says, "snowMAN, snowMAN, snowMAN," with emphasis on the "man" and I sing the rest for her except she joins in for the "tall, tall,tall," and "small, small, small,"  parts.  I think it's pretty cute.  Thanks Dan for taking time to build it for her, when you could have been studying for finals!

I am waiting here on pins and needles, feeling like I could go into labor at any moment but not thinking that I actually will!  I know I'm not full term yet but I am quite paranoid.  Although the doctor told me that I can continue normal activity and I don't need to worry about per-term labor, I fear that my early dilation and effacement could mean I am close!  So I have been taking it easy, I still get contractions but not as bad.  A blogging friend put it well, she said that she had become "the watched pot" and we all know that the watched pot never boils!  Good news is that Dan got his finals schedule and will be done Friday the 12th.  Which is when I am scheduled to have my membranes stripped, so that should work well (or not at all)... all of this uncertainty could drive a girl crazy.  I really shouldn't worry so much about something that's out of my control, but it's hard not to.  I don't go in again until the 12th... am I the only one that finds it strange my Dr scheduled my appointment 3 weeks after my last one?  I thought it was normal to see your Dr weekly in your last month.  It will be difficult for me to restrain myself this coming week from asking to be seen again, just to check my progression but I will try my hardest not to "watch" too carefully, that way I just might "BOIL" after all!

5 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving!! I'm really jealous that you had snow...it's sunny and 50 degrees here...which would be nice, except I'm really in the mood for some SNOW! :)

mommaquincy said...

It looks like you had a big group for dinner! I love seeing Sophie's full tummy. And I love seeing her play in the snow! I'll try not to watch too carefully this week either, but I may be expecting to hear something on Friday! Good luck!

The Allens said...

Fun Thanksgiving! I can't believe how big Sophie is getting, her hair is so long! I guess I should expect it since Jace is getting so big and he's just about her same age. Good luck with the baby. I hate the waiting game! Hope she comes soon, but not until after Dan's finals!

Inspired said...

Thanksgiving is always better with extended family, but at the same time isn't it freat you can find "family" no matter where you go? Good luck these next few weeks...I'll pray for before or after finals too! If not, at least on the weekend.

Ann said...

No I too find that stange that you don't go in for another 3 weeks. I would make up something so I could go in. But anyways I'm glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving! :) I love Sophie's turkey belly.