Thursday, November 20, 2008

baby update

I went in for my 35 week appointment today and everything looks good. The doctor wasn't going to, but I asked her to check my cervix and found out that I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced! Yikes, this baby really is going to come out isn't she?!?!! And pretty soon I'm afraid. The doctor said that this isn't an indication of how soon I will deliver, rather it means that when I do go into labor, it will be fast. Although, the effacement makes me nervous. Sophie was born 2 days after I was at 1 cm and 90%.

Poor Dan has his last day of classes today and then will have 2 weeks of reading days to prepare himself for finals. I feel bad for adding to his stress level, what bad timing! I really appreciate all the hard work he puts in at school, he is such a great student. I would hate to ruin a whole semester of studying by making him worry about whether I'll be in labor during his finals or not. Hang in there honey, I am sure you will do awesome! I hope she either comes before finals start or after they are over, if she came during it would be more complicated.

A lot of people have been asking about baby names. Dan and I haven't made our final decision yet and don't plan to until after she's born. We have a short list of names we both like (hard to come by) but I'm not going to share that with you right now! :) You'll just have to wait.

8 comments:

mommaquincy said...

This little girl is just going to come when she's good and ready no matter what we do. It makes it all seem more real and immediate, doesn't it?

Ann said...

Babies are never convenient, just make sure to have some people on "back up" in case he is in a final.

The Culbertson's said...

I was born during my dads finals in his 3 year of college. He was lucky though and went to his Prof. and because he had been such a good student they let him off on the finals and gave him his standing grade as his final grade. Sadly I don't think that will work in law school! Good luck, and remember everything happens as it should.

Anonymous said...

Meanie won't share your list of names XD! oh well thanks for the update. I'm excited for Christmas :D

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

You little stinker! i want to know what list of names you are doing! No, I know what you mean. I am having a hard time with naming this little girl. We have a short list, but nothing seems concrete yet until we see her. It's hard because I had Brinklee's name picked out before she was born. Good luck with everything. I hope she doesn't come during Dan's finals. That would be hard!

jaredelizabeth said...

I laughed really hard at the picture! I know you probably have a lot of offers, but if you do go into labor I'm always here to drive you to the hospital or take Sophie for you. Good job on your talk today and we'll see you tomorrow at arobics.....you better tone it down if you don't want to have this baby too early!

Kolbi Young said...

Good luck!!! It sounds like you are going to need it, with the timing and all. Well, look at it this way, the earlier she comes the better you will feel about traveling home for your brother's wedding!

Mandy @ Raising Little Dudes said...

Im so excited for you! Your going to have another beautiful little girl so soon. I can't wait to see pictures and see what name you have picked out for her. Keep us posted!