Monday, January 14, 2013

November in a nutshell

I’m so behind!  Dan gave me some good advice, that I need to change my mind about what I think is blog worthy.  So I figure if I just skim over a few months only showing the highlights I should be caught up in no time!  Right?  I’ll do my best, sometimes choosing what to highlight can be hard.

Sophie lost her 1st tooth!

11.13.12 soph tooth tied 11.13.12 soph 1st lost tooth 2

The string around the tooth and tied to the door knob trick actually worked!  I tried that so many times as a kid and couldn’t get it figured out, maybe it’s because we used the heavy garage door and her tooth was really loose.  She’s so brave, I thought she’d back out, but she didn’t flinch, just told me to slam the door!

11.14.12 soph tooth money

Swinging from the trees!

Check out the new sport that Sophie invented in our front yard, take note of the toy riding on her back, oh how I love this cute girl!!  They did this all summer, but I only got around to taking some pictures in November.

11.15.12 soph tree swinging 3 11.15.12 soph tree swinging 9

Oh, and the helmets, safety first!

11.15.12 soph tree swinging 11.15.12 tess tree swinging 2

Tessa is much more timid about it, just kind of walks around the tree, adorable.  Jacob just looked cute and ate leaves.

11.15.12 tess tree swinging 3 11.15.12 jacob 2

Nature and Science Museum Free Day

11.19.12 dmns jacob 11.19.12 dmns soph tess body parts11.19.12 dmns soph tess dinosaur exhibit 11.19.12 dmns soph toga11.19.12 dmns sophie 11.19.12 dmns tessa 

Afterwards we walked through the park.  Sophie LOVES to chase geese to make them fly, I think it’s hilarious, she’s kind of like a hyper dog.

11.19.12 park soph geese chasing 11.19.12 park geese11.19.12 park soph tess grass 2 11.19.12 park soph tess grass

Thanksgiving

We had Thanksgiving dinner with some friends and some of their family at the church.  It was nice to have the big kitchen with 2 ovens and 3 sinks and plenty of counter space to work on the food.

11.22.12 give thanks sign

11.22.12 gary turkey carving 11.22.12 jacob 211.22.12 jacob dan 11.22.12 jake linc

They even set up a TV in the foyer to watch football.

11.22.12 tv in foyer 11.22.12 dan jacob

11.22.12 kid table 11.22.12 lawrence dish washing line11.22.12 nursery 11.22.12 babies jacob and lincoln

Check out my little carnivore!  We couldn’t stop laughing at her attacking that turkey wing, she ended up carrying to over to me in her hands and said, “I can’t find any more meat.” 

11.22.12 soph carnivore 11.22.12 soph eating

I swear she’s not mine, I won’t even eat chicken wings, that quality she got from her dad, she loves bones.  She always wants to watch the turkey being carved.  She really cracks me up!

11.22.12 soph wish bone 11.22.12 soph bones11.22.12 tess eating 11.22.12 soph tess jason chalk

December here I come!

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Great highlights! It looks like the tooth fairy brought her a bag of gold! How appropriate that you ate Thanksgiving in a church like we did!