Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yogurtland for finishing the BOM

12.3.12 yogurtland tessa 12.3.12 yogurtland dan kids

I am blessed to have good parents who taught me well, I think one of my favorite things we did was read scriptures together every night as a family.  It was a wonderful tradition that created a great habit in me.  When I got married I didn’t skip a beat, Dan and I started reading daily together.  I now read the Book of Mormon with Dan and the kids every night.  If we are out late and try to put the kids straight to bed when we get home, they will remind us we need to read scriptures.  I am so glad that they help to keep us on track!  And it makes me happy that they are getting in the habit too. 

I started a tally in the front of my journal after we got married of how many times we’ve read the BOM together, I just tallied 4, not sure if I’ve documented each completion or not, but 4 times in 8 1/2 years is… ok I guess.  We don’t read much in a night at this stage of our lives, the kids, Dan and I each read a couple verses and we’re done, but hey, at least we’re trying!

12.3.12 yogurtland soph tess jacob 12.3.12 yogurtland sophie

When we were kids I remember going to Artic Circle for an ice cream every time we finished the Book of Mormon as family, and now we do it with our kids!  There are no Artic Circle restaurants in Colorado (though I wish there were!  they have awesome shakes), but Yogurtland is delicious. It’s fun for the kids (and the adults!) to get to pick a couple yogurt flavors, and oodles of fun toppings.  They were all smiles and really excited about it!!

12.3.12 yogurtland jacob 3 12.3.12 yogurtland jess soph tess 2

The night we planned to go to Yogurtland I found Tessa crying in her room.  In talking to her I found out she was crying because it was dark and she thought we couldn’t go to Yogurtland anymore.  It was only 5pm but already dark, the poor thing was so sad, it was hard to keep from smiling though.  It was something they really had been looking forward to!  She was sure happy to learn that we could still drive there in the dark.  We will keep up the reading and ice cream (or frozen yogurt) eating, I highly recommend it! Winking smile

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Poor sensitive Tessa. I'm glad she still got her ice cream even though it was dark!