So I was referred to a blog by my cousin Summer when I blogged about our huge living room wall that I really really love, it's called Christine Fife Interiors. When I first went there I ended up staying for hours and just devouring each blog post and going back through the history just hungry for more! It's seriously so good. Christine's an interior designer that is incredibly talented and totally straight forward (which is something I crave, just tell me the rules to follow!), she can walk into a room (or see a photo online) and immediately tell what it needs and what to do to fix it. She just "gets it." You know those people who are naturally good at things and can produce amazing results but can't explain why it works or how to do it? That's NOT Christine, she is very good at telling how and why. Anyway, I ended up emailing her photos of my living room and asking her what she would do with it and bless her heart she responded on her blog! You can read her response here, go check it out. I was shocked at what she recommended, it wasn't something I had even considered. She thinks we should just hire a contractor to make a 4th bedroom upstairs and ditch the vaults! Who'd of thought? It would solve my decorating dilemma AND give us another bedroom AND increase the value of our home. Genius I tell you. I was so excited to see that she actually took the time to answer my question, what a sweetheart!
I guess the downside would be that I couldn't take cute photos like this from above any longer. Poor Jacob was sick and Tessa just likes to snuggle, Dan was dying of heat but didn't want to move and wake anyone. So sweet. Anyway, it's not in the budget to do that kind of major work on the house right now, but it's definitely something we'll keep thinking about for the future.









2 comments:
A very sweet picture! That boy is almost a year old!! An Dan is almost a year older!
I'm totally diggin it! But it's just another thing to "add to the list" :) Good luck!
Post a Comment