Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jacob’s 6 monthday

jacob 6 months smile 6  jacob 6 months smile 2  jacob 6 months smile

Hey, look I’m now in the correct year these are from January! I moved my external hard drive (where I keep all of my pictures) out of my room and into the living room so now I can work on pictures/blogging more hours of the day since I’m out here a lot more than in my room.  I hope to get caught up by the end of August, that’s my lofty goal anyway, wish me luck!

jacob 6 months 2

Anyway, Jacob is 6 months old in these photos.  He’s such a cutie.  At 6 months he was still a totally easy going baby who would either eat, sleep or just lie around and not make a peep on the living room floor for most of the day, that is if I could resist sitting and holding him! 

jacob 6 months 3 

I feel like I’ve really tried to appreciate my time with Jacob as a baby, because I don’t know if I we’ll have any more babies and I feel like I was too stressed with my first 2 to really soak up every minute I could.  You know, the 1st is just survival mode as you figure things out and for me the 2nd was so hard because I was torn between 2 kids that wanted my attention all the time and I didn’t know how to juggle.  Well, for me, baby #3 has been just heavenly!  My girls are used to sharing me, are old enough to do most things by themselves, and I am not so stressed about doing mommy things wrong, I can just enjoy my baby! 

jacob - napping on jess

There were many afternoons that, while the girls were napping, Jacob would fall asleep nursing and though there were 100 and 1 other things I should be doing around the house, I would just recline the lazyboy, put Jacob on my chest (the picture above is from the hospital when he was born, obviously) and just nap with him, it’s seriously a little piece of heaven for me, there is nothing better.  Makes me teary eyed just writing about it!

jacob 6 months smile 7

Height: 2’ 2.5” (43%)

Weight: 16 lb 13oz (37%)

Head: 17.5” (81%)

We love you Jacob!  MAN, you were one cute 6 month old boy!!

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

He was sweet! And I am so glad that you could relax and enjoy him! You are a wonderful mother!