Sunday, November 13, 2011

San Antonio Day 3 – Schlitterbahn

 

If you’re not from Texas, you probably haven’t heard of the Shlitterbahn (I hadn’t) but if you are, they you probably have.  The Schlitterbahn is a HUGE (I’m talking 65 acres) water park.  And it is really cool, it’s actually the #1 water park in the world (according to Travel Channel).  We spent the day there and had a grand time.  Texas is HOT and it’s nice to get wet.  Here’s some pictures/dialog:

My dad took good care of his grand-babies in the shade.  Stephanie was our hero and was a full-time babysitter in the shade, but I failed to document her there, sorry!  Thanks so much Steph!!

09 10_sch jane grandpa 09 10_sch jacob grandpa

Oh the sweet sleeping babies!

 09 10_sch jacob jane sleeping 2

My favorite picture of the day, maybe even the whole trip, James took it for me (thank you!).  Jacob was smiling and I asked James to hurry and grab my camera since my hands were full.

09 10_sch jacob smile 2

The some of guys ready for their turn to go find some “big kid rides.”  Josh and Jack where there too, but I didn’t get a  picture with them for some reason.

09 10_sch james dan jason

I may not get pictures of all the adults every time, but I don’t miss the babies!  Jane has a cute little smirk.

 09 10_sch jane smile

Here’s the ladies just after we had gone out on fun tube ride.  (Steph was taking care of our kids, and Meg was home with Grandma J and sick baby Elliott).  We had a great time being silly and trying to pass each other along the way.  I hadn’t laughed that hard in a long time!  Sometimes I just need to be silly, it’s good medicine.

09 10_sch jess nicole jen mom

Jonathan was pretending this slide in the kiddie area was a lot more exciting than it was.  Nicole and Sydney taking a break.

09 10_sch jon slide   09 10_sch nicole syd

Sophie’s awesome tricks on the ice cream castle slide.  This kid area was really neat, it had a car wash, castles, tree houses, and all sorts of clever little slides!

09 10_sch soph ice cream slide 2 09 10_sch soph ice cream slide 3

Yeah for free life jacket (so I don’t have to be in constant fear of one of my children drowning) rentals! 

09 10_sch soph life jacket smile 

Tessa has a mighty fine cheeser smile.  Oh how I love it!!

09 10_sch tess big cheeser 09 10_sch tess life jacket smile

Go Tessa!  So brave.  Little Dean (now a BIG brother) loved to just walk around in the water, Jenny said he could do it all day. 

 09 10_sch tess slide 4 crop 09 10_sch dean

Sophie trying out the tube.  Tessa zonked out on the walk to the car.

09 10_sch soph tube 09 10_sch tess sleep grandpa

Sophie talking Jonathan’s ear off at the top of the slide, trying to chicken out. :)  She really loves him.

09 10_sch soph jon by slides

Tessa climbing in the tree house.

 09 10_sch tess in net Not so sure what Shclitterific means… but we had a good time there!

09 10_sch sign

This vacation is taking me so long to get up here, sheesh.  I have been just super busy with school and church obligations lately!  Hopefully this will be a productive blog week. ;)

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Great pictures! Its like being there again, so I don't mind the wait! That tube ride really was fun. What was I thinking letting you get a picture of me in my swimming suit?

Muffy said...

Welcome! I had fun watching the young ones. :D No worries, your mom documented me there with Jane. Love your pictures especially the one that James took of Jacob! Too cute!