Jacob was blessed by his father at our church the 1st Sunday in October. Baby blessings in the LDS church are sort of a naming ceremony where a priesthood holder (usually the father) gives the child a name and a blessing. Jacob’s blessing was very sweet, a couple things mentioned in the blessing: he was blessed with a desire to learn especially form the scriptures and he was also encouraged to look at his name-sakes from the scriptures Jacob a prophet from the Bible and also in the Book of Mormon and Daniel a prophet and wonderful example of stubbornness in the Lord also from the Bible. It was a really neat blessing and we enjoyed having our family there with us. Jacob, you are so loved!
Sophie was being a pill and hiding behind me, we have several picture without her, but she poked her head out just in time to get caught in one family photo, so THERE! Why is it that I always feel I am constant competition/battle with my children? Love them! but we don’t always have the same plans.
Me, with my parents. So glad they could come!
Dan’s parents, thanks for coming!
Matt, Cami, and Lily, who now live 2 hours away instead of 20 min! :(
Aunt Cami is sure to be his favorite in NO time, though their move may put a hitch in that… (is hitch the right word for this expression?)
Candice, Jaycee, and Jason… LOL sorry Jason, only picture I got of you apparently! Poor guy was so tired and couldn’t find a suitable place to sleep in our little apartment, slept in the door way to the girls’ room. Anyway, so glad they could make it too!
We also had the Lawrences over, they are some of our closet and dearest friends here in Denver, I didn’t get a picture of them that day, but here’s an old one. They seem to love our kids as much (maybe even more sometimes) as we do.
We had a little luncheon of sorts for which I made a couple Boston Cream Pies (thanks for the recipe Summer!). The girls were happy to lick the frosting bowl clean for me. Cute little stinks aren’t they?
Another family photo attempt, look how happy Sophie is! ha ha ha Partially my fault for having the TV on I guess. (Which, by the way, proud to say that I’ve turned off the TV this week with the only exception being a family movie on Friday night and it’s not as hard as I thought it would be!!! The blessings are tremendous. I totally recommend it. Cold turkey is the only way for me… with anything in fact.)
Check out Sophie’s “COOL TRICKS!!” as she would call it. She saw a kid do it on Yo Gabba Gabba. I love the last picture with her eyes closed, how proud she is of her accomplishment. She would ask people to come over individually to see her cool trick. I kept these cups out and she performed the trick for about a week straight in her spare time.
And because this post wasn’t long enough! Here’s some more pictures of the cute little man of the hour. We borrowed his suit from my sister, thanks Jen! I think he looks like an old man temple worker (they wear all white). I couldn’t find the bow tie when it was time to take pictures though, (found it since Jen :) just fell behind the dresser it was sitting on). Oh well, when you have 3 kids, 2 are napping and the other is bathed and dressed you can’t put off pictures.
This one’s out of focus but too cute to pass up. Unbutton the shirt and he looks live Elvis! I love pictures of babies crying, cruel I know.
We love you kiddo!!









6 comments:
Cute cute boy! He needs some blue suade shoes :)
Jacob is adorable! Hope you liked the boston cream pies. We love them around here.
be honest. you put his hair up like that on purpose.
I'm super excited to see you in a month.
your family is adorable, i'm so so happy for you Jess!
What a cute boy! He fills out that suit very nicely. He's a big guy!
I love those silly girls. They must get the camera aversion from their uncle Jon.
He is such a handsome little guy, Jess!
Post a Comment