Jacob’s doing great and growing too fast! He’s not much of a skinny newborn anymore (though he hardly ever was!). This handsome fella out weighs what both of his sisters did at this age. He gets complimented on his hair everywhere we go, “I just can’t believe that hair!” or “I just can’t get over his hair!” Are the most common comments, well get over it people: my son has lots of hair. j/k I appreciate the comments, people are nice. Honestly, I know the day is rapidly approaching (if you’re a smart one, you may have noticed that I am writing this post 1 month after this photo was taken, Jake’s now 3 months old) that I will need to cut his hair, the scraggly hairs are coming over his ears and that’s not so cute. At 2 months I want to remember that you were quick to smile and love to coo and “talk” to any face you can get the attention of. You also slept through the night at 2 months, from 8 or 9pm to 5 or 6am. YEAH FOR SLEEP! You still hate tummy time. Jacob you are such a joy and we love having you in our family!
Height: 23 1/2 inches (75%)
Weight: 11 lb 14 oz (50%)
Head: 40 1/2 cm (75%)
Going back and reading my post when Tessa was 2 months made me feel better because my post baby weight situation is identical! Though I feel like the weight is coming off more slowly, it’s not. It’s the exact same story, lost 10 lbs in the hospital, 10 the first week home, and NOTHING since (10 more to go). Oh well, baby’s are worth it1 I’m sure it’ll come off eventually. I have started running 3 miles 3 times a week, and slowing building up mileage (ever since I hit 25 I have to be gradual or I get injured, getting old is LAME!) How do you all loose your baby weight? Does it take you as long as me? I do nurse my babies full time, I’m sure that helps a bit. I am paranoid about running too much too soon that it will make me loose my milk, don’t know if that’s a valid concern though.









9 comments:
What a cutie! Whatever you are doing seems to be perfect, he is thriving! I'm amazed you find time to run 3 times a week with those 3 little ones. It all gets more complicated with school, etc. I think you look great!
Cute boy! I think he's getting to be more chapman like. :) He's really close to what Ray was at 2 months. I'm still working on getting Ray to sleep through the night, he won't sleep past 4! I'm also working on lossing the Baby fat. I'm so close, but still not happy about it. :(
Oh my gosh! He is so stinkin cute! I love the chins:) When I ran into your mom at church with my new baby, we were already setting them up! lol! Anyway, I hope you are great. You sound like supermom running around and doing all the stuff you have been doing. I nurse full time also and I don't know what to do about exercising and how much is harmful...I need to just start though! Maybe call your dr or a lactation consultant? Anyway I still have a lot to go. I am a sausage squeezing into my pre-pregnancy jeans, because my maternity are too big!
Grant is almost 2, and I still haven't lost the baby weight. Sad thing is I don't really care. Not in a downer way, but I've come to accept the way my body is at the moment. I actually lost all the weight within the first 2 months, but then I gradually gained it all back. :/ Oh well, I just tell myself it's because my focus is on 2 - 2 year olds and a preschooler. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it for now. Jacob is adorable, and I would definitely be one of those people commenting about his hair.
I got two words for you. Green drinks! They have rocked my world, and yep the baby weight is gone and then some, and I might start exercising this month too. I LOVE his hair too, but alas I understand cutting though, they lose their baby look so fast when you do it.
Little stud muffin! I love that you are so dedicated to taking a pic and posting stats for your kids on their "month-days" what a great Mom! I love reading your updates, but haven't figured out how to avoid the *ping* of sadness that always comes with it. I forget so quickly that we don't live 5 minutes away, I won't be getting a VT message from you this month, and I won't be bumping into you at church on Sunday :( Any chance you'll be passing through Wichita any time in the future? :)
It took me almost 10 months to loose all the weight the first two times, but I am like you; it feels like it is not coming off this time even though it probably is the same.
Oh, he is as cute as his sisters! And Jess, you looked so great pregnant I think you SHOULD keep some of those lbs:) But really, I didn't lose the last 10 lbs until after weaning a baby--maybe my appetite finally settled down then. Just grateful for a healthy body that lets me have babies and fill them with the good stuff.
You coming to Utah for Thanksgiving? We're going to be at Grandma's the whole week and we'd love to cross paths with the Chapmans.
He's so cute and chubby!
Post a Comment