Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jacob’s 1st week

Jacob was born on a Monday, we came home from the hospital on Tuesday, Dan left to Wyoming to take the bar on Wednesday afternoon and that evening my mom arrived!  She stayed over the weekend, it was divine having an extra set of hands to help around the house!  She seemed the like Jacob quite a lot.

jacob - w grandma q

Thought it was cute how he was holding in his own binky.

jacob - home wrapped upjacob - home holding his binky in

Thursday (or Friday?), we went to a park to have the girls burn off some energy.  It’s hard for them staying home with a newborn, they need to run!  This is Sophie’s favorite game to play at the park and Dad’s the best at it.  She starts to fall down the slide and screams for HELP, hoping someone will come pull her up.

jacob - park Dan saving sophie jacob - park dan soph slide

Tessa prefers to swing.  Her baby’s name is Allie, by the way.

jacob - park tess swing jacob - park tess swing 2

Hard on the old ego to post this picture… but we don’t get many family shots, so I will swallow my pride.  Give me a break ok, just had a baby! ;)  I was actually feeling kind of crummy that night, I originally thought we should walk to the park, but got low on time and decided to drive, it was a good thing because just walking the length of the park to the playground made me feel ill.  Guess I forgot how hard it is on the body to have a baby.  Thanks Mom for not cutting off ALL of Dan’s head, he he he.

jacob - park fam pic

Jacob was a good boy and sat in his carseat, just being cute and small.

jacob - park jacob carseat

A smile? or yawn? or rooting?  whatever.

jacob - park jacob in carseat open mouth

And here he is all dressed up to go see the pediatrician for the 1st time, 2 days after coming home.  Grandma took the girls to McDonalds to eat lunch and play while we were at the Dr’s office, it was so nice!

jacob - ready for the dr 

I hope you’re not tired of pictures of this baby because I have 100’s more just waiting for me to download. We love him so much!!

Well, I downloaded a bunch of pictures and wanted to keep all of Jacob’s 1st week pictures together on the blog, just to keep things tidy… so here are a few late additions.

07 29_dan and kids 07 31_gma soph jacob

Saying goodbye to Grandma Sunday morning.

07 31_ soph tess grandma hug

They had a good time playing together.  Grandma took them to the park and out of walks while I slept in, I really appreciated it and so did the girls!

07 31_tess gma soph jacob 

Jacob loves this cute blanket Grandma made for him.  Now that this hair lost the initial goo it was born with it likes to stick up!  This is the first time he sported the faux hawk, it’s become a regular thing, we like it. :)  I’m going to have to cut his hair before too long, I like the clean cut look, but not yet.

07 31_jacob

He’s only 1 week old in these pictures but, to me,  he’s already lost that newborn look!  Makes me so sad.  I was getting teary that morning nursing him, Dan asked me what was wrong and I just said that he was getting too big.

07 31_jacob chair 3 07 31_jacob chair

Why does it have to go so fast?

08 03_Jacob 1 week bear

8 comments:

Ann said...

Ray has those same orange jammies! You must know where to shop:) Such a cute boy, and Ray can't wait to meet him!

Jenny Kendall said...

I'm so excited to see you all. Don't let Jacob grow too much before then. Okay? Jess, you look ridiculously good for a girl who just had a baby, so don't even pretend you're embarrassed.

mommaquincy said...

Is that picture the only one of you family? I have a bunch on my camera. I can't wait to see that boy again! Funny that the airport was the last place I saw him and will be the next place! I love watching Dan play with his girls, he's such a good dad.

Jessica said...

Ann, Jacob is psyched to meet Ray too! :)
Jenny, you're crazy... nice, but crazy! Thanks though.
Mom, you did take a few fam pics of us on that bench, that one just had the best smiles.

Kristen said...

don't be so hard on yourself, ou look amazing! and beautiful as always. your family is adorable, so happy for you guys!

Nate and Kim said...

He's a little cutie! You've done such a good job getting back up on your feet so quickly.

Erika Ellis said...

Loved this post!

mommaquincy said...

Thanks for adding the pictures! They bring back great memories!