Monday, August 9, 2010

family pictures and the end of our Quincy reunion

family photo shoot 6906 - group standing 3family photo shoot 004 - group shot sitting

My kids were stinkers for pictures, seriously, such little STINKERS!  At least the whole family is present and accounted for, that in itself was a feat.  We were really excited to finally see Daniel again, it had been a week. 

Dan had to promise Sophie green ice cream with chocolate chips to get her to even SIT in the 2nd picture below.  And she just scowled at the camera!  The list of things I can’t control with my kids grows: 1. can’t make them eat, 2. can’t make them potty, 3.  can’t make them smile for pictures.  I don’t like this list, and I am pretty sure the list will just keep growing with along with my girls.

   family photo shoot 023 - Chapmansfamily photo shoot 055 - grandkids

family photo shoot 047 - the babies dean syd

We had our photos taken by Matt Mcfarland, he is a really talented photographer (and I am a real photo snob).  I know the family all appreciated how quick he was too!  I was shocked how quickly we were in and out of the park even with so many of us.  I would recommend him to anyone.  What I don’t know, is how to get my kids to smile!!  Geez.

After pictures and naps we went to dinner at The Pie Pizzeria, Dan’s choice every year for his birthday dinner with my family.  I love their bbq chicken and cilantro pie.  It was nice to have everyone together!

quincy reunion - the pie Joniquincy reunion - the pie jack stephquincy reunion - the pie dan shoveling quincy reunion - the pie meg josh quincy reunion - the pie dan jamesquincy reunion- the pie nicole jason syd quincy reunion- the pie curious dean

I am so glad that my siblings are all willing and able to get together every summer, it means a lot and is really something I look forward to all year long.  I have friends that try to to things like this but there is always someone who won’t come!  Like I said, I love my family and especially since many of us live so far apart, I am glad that we have this tradition!

quincy reunion - jen joni jess quincy reunion - gpa and dean quincy reunion - outside syd swing quincy reunion - tess all wet

Here are a few pictures of us during all our driving.  On the way out the girls had sticky fingers and I was trying to wash them with wet wipes and they were screaming.  I couldn’t really reach them anyway, so I handed them the wipes and told them to wash themselves.  I didn’t think they really would!  They each played with a wipe for easily 2 hours, they were being really slap happy and it was hysterical!  Plus they not only cleaned themselves, but their car seats as well!  Why didn’t I think of this sooner? 

 ut - driving soph tissuesut - driving soph tissues 2 ut - driving tess tissueut- driving tess tissue on foot 2

Dan and I noticed this gorgeous mountain for the first time on the way home, I think it’s Mt. Evans.  I don’t know why but I find these huge wind generators to be really pretty and graceful, I am hypnotized by them during the drive.

quincy reunion- pretty mtn 2 ut - driving wind generators

quincy reunion- the pie jack and stephWe are headed back to Utah this week to see these 2 get married.  (My brother Jack and Stephanie, his fiancé.)

This will be trip #4 to Utah for us this summer, yep the van knows the way.  And I think my girls could navigate us on their own…  at least as far as the McDonalds in Rawlins with the pink slide. :)

We are also going to take full advantage of the grandparents and celebrate our 6th anniversary while we’re in town!  I can’t wait.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Gorgeous family pics! I love seeing your family after all this time. Everyone looks so wonderful! Miss you guys!

mommaquincy said...

I love your pictures! I can't wait to get us all together again!!

Megan said...

Fun pictures. Bummer Dan missed Yuba, boating is the best. It's so great to be with your whole family. Sorry Tessa got sick, she looks so cute.

Cami said...

Your family pictures turned out great! I love the pictures of the girls washing themselves in the car. hilarious! Any way to keep them entertained right?!