We went to Yuba Lake (about an hour drive from SLC) for our Quincy family reunion this year. We had so much fun camping, eating, playing, chatting and, of course, boating! Everyone was there except Joni (who had to work), Dan (who had to study), and Stephanie (Jack’s fiancé, who also had to work). We really missed you 3! I took quite a few pictures but not as many as normal I think since I was a single mom for the trip and was otherwise occupied most of the time. Anyway, here’s what I got:
{Dean is a very smiley baby.} {The babies are out of focus in this picture but I still had to include it, they are too cute. This is Sydney and Dean.}
{Just when you thought Dean couldn’t get any happier… he does.} {Sophie with her uncle Jack. Jack flew in from Seattle, where he is doing an internship for Microsoft this summer. He’s a computer programming guru and engaged to be married this month!}
{My sister Jenny with crazy boat hair and her awesome husband James.} {I know you’re not supposed to shoot into the sun, but sometimes I like lens flare. James is a chemical engineer for Exxon and a wonderful husband and father.}
I feel like I had almost as much fun watching James wake board as he had behind the boat. His facial expressions are hilarious!
{Jenny holding Tessa on the boat. Tess was in a bad mood but Jenny was so good at distracting her! Thanks Jen.} {Jenny holding up the flag while I tried to get up on one ski. Jenny is also one of the super smart in this world. She was a mechanical engineer until she decided to be mommy full time. I don’t think anyone else in the world understands me like Jenny does. And I am sure I’m not the only one to think that about her, she’s an excellent friend.}
{Here I am playing with Dean. James was kind enough to grab my camera a number of times this trip and take pictures of me. Dean is a lot of fun!} {Here I am in the water ready to try and ski, haven’t got up in like 3 years!}
{Yeah! I am skiing! It’s so much fun.} {Here I am playing in the sand with my girls. They were elated I let them put mud all over themselves. Tessa started to put some on her legs and Sophie yelled out, “No! Tessa, don’t get messy.” I told her it was ok, and you should have seen the joy that crossed Sophie’s face!}
{My brother Josh driving his boat. Josh is a biomedical engineer (you beginning to see a trend?) he works for an air force base engineering repairs for broken jets, cool job huh! It suits him, Josh is a cool guy.} {Josh and Meg chilling on the beach, they go boating at least once a week but were patient with the rest of us who don’t get out much and very generous to share!}
{Josh is an amazing skiier and has even done some ski competition. It’s amazing to watch him fly across the water.}
{Meg is a fantastic skiier! Is she not the cutest? She’s one of the nicest people I’ve met. She works as an insurance broker and is expecting a baby in January.}
I brought my tripod and tried some night photography. None of my pictures really turned out exactly how I intended, I should have read some more before experimenting.
{Tessa got sick and puked our first afternoon there. I was worried we’d have to leave the lake the next morning but she made a pretty good come back over night. Although there were times you could really see in her face that she wasn’t feel well. Poor little baby! She was a trooper.}
{Sophie and my mom in Josh’s trailer enjoying the a/c and watching a movie.} {Uncle Jonathan was helping Sophie with her sand castle aspirations. Jonathan turned 16 recently and is surprising us all with his many dates and responsible driving skills. He’s an easy favorite of Sophie’s.}
{Cute picture of Jon, not of Soph.} {Auntie Meg got my girls this sweet laser lights at the gas station. Sophie’s made a smiley face and Tessa’s a heart, they provided a lot of entertainment.}
{Sophie really enjoyed playing in the mud… really, really, REALLY!} {She stayed in the spot for hours.}
{Loving the noodles.} {Trying to pull the boat in. Soph has a fixation with ropes, don’t know why.}
{My girls really liked the sand.} {My brother Jason took the girls on a thrill ride in the tube. Jason is a mechanical engineer, he lives in Houston, don’t remember the name of his company… Jason is a great dad, it’s fun to watch him.}
{Sydney is a cute little bugger. She has a lot of energy and sass! This one hardly ever holds still.}
{It’s so fun to get dirty… especially after mom just clean you off and changed your clothes.} {This is what I get for asking Tess what she was eating.}
Here are some pictures I stole from my mom:
{The Quincy group, minus Nicole and Sydney.}
{Rod, James’ Dan; James, Dean and I} {My dad, who will never grow old! My dad worked as a UPS driver for over 20 years and retired recently. Now he drives for a retirement home taking the residents wherever they need. He is the hardest worker on Earth, I just know it! I’ve learned a lot from watching him.}
{Nicole is Jason’s wife and Sydney’s mom. She is super patient, and long suffering. Nicole is easy going and easy to talk to, I enjoy having her as a sister in law.} {Jack was a natural surfer.}
Thanks everyone for making the sacrifice to be there! Family time is never wasted time.









6 comments:
Aaaagh I love the Quincy clan! Miss you guys!
This is such a complimentary post to each of your siblings/their spouses. It is fun to hear about your family and what they are up to. I have fond memories playing at your house growing up. And I never knew there were so many variations within the engineering field! Impressive :)
You are such a sweetheart! This is such a wonderful post, I love it! We miss you guys already, and wish we could take you out in the boat more often!
Those are some great pictures! Especially Dean's crazy happy face on Mom's lap. Thanks for all the nice things you said about me and James. We feel very warm and fuzzy from your compliments.
Great pictures! What a fun trip!!! It looks like you have a very fun family:)
Great post! When did you have time to do this?
Post a Comment