Monday, June 28, 2010

Sophie’s first boyfriend (she wishes)

Sophie likes Paul.  Paul turned 4 and had his birthday party last week before we left town (sorry these posts are out of order).  Sophie and I have had this conversation more than once in transit to a location where Paul will be present:

Sophie:  Mom, I want to kiss Paul on the lips, ok?

Me:  No, Sophie you can’t kiss Paul on the lips.

Sophie:  Can I kiss him on the face?

Me:  No, Sophie.  Why don’t you just see if he wants a hug?

Sophie:  (over-enthusiastically) OK!! Paul, he’s my best.  Mommy, Paul, he’s my very best friend.  I love Paul.  He’s a boy.

paul's party - paul with cake

Paul’s such a cute kid.  But I don’t know if this is going to work out…  Sophie is so tall for her age and Paul is quite short for his.  Guess that’s not as important as the fact that the feeling doesn’t seem to be mutual.  Yes, they are friends, but Paul certainly doesn’t want to cuddle, he’d rather play.

Both of my girls got heat exhaustion at the party.  Look how sweaty Sophie’s hair is!  The picture doesn’t show how red their cheeks were, it was disturbing.  I’m afraid their inability to cool their bodies is a gift their momma gave them, so sorry dearies.  It was hard to get them to stay in the shade, they love to play at the park!

paul's party - hot soph paul's party - hot tess

Tessa graced us with some dance moves.  She has really taking a liking to wearing skirts, I think it’s because they are more fun to dance in.  I also got to meet my friend Tracy’s newborn baby Lucy at the party, isn’t she precious?!

 paul's party - tess dancing paul's party - baby lucy

I didn’t get a picture of them together at Paul’s party.  But I found this one from Sophie’s 3rd birthday party.  Sophie thinks it’s important they sit next to each other wherever possible.

valentines and Soph's party - party game simon tummy rub

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Hopefully when she turns 9 she'll think all boys have cooties for a few years!

Inspired said...

So funny that she tried to negotiate how far she could go with Paul. I think it is good that it is happening now, so YOU can set the boundaries in her mind on what is appropriate. :)

Lindsay said...

So cute. What a great picture!

Kristen said...

How adorable!! I remember my first crush! At least S is trying to see how far she can go without just doing it first! Love this story! ps paul is definitely a cutie, I'd have a crush on him too if i was 4.