Monday, June 28, 2010

no boys allowed

Last week my BIL Matt had a training out of town and since Dan just studies for the bar all day everyday; Cami and I decided to take a girls’ trip home to see our families in Utah.  It was a win/win (win, win, WIN!! as Michael from The Office would say).  Our driving in the morning hours was easy breezy, but afternoon gets more tricky.  All in all, it was a successful drive.  My girls were so happy to finally get to Grandma Qunicy’s house, out of the car, and to play in her back yard!

It’s hard to frame a picture when you don’t know how high she’s going to jump, oh well.

UT - just arrived Sophie jumping UT - just arrived Sophie jumping 2

Sophie went to the playhouse and called home to tell Dad we arrived safely.  I think the roof on the playhouse is green, not Sophie’s hair, as it appears in this photo. UT - just arrived Sophie phone

Tessa was oober cranky, but that’s the norm for her these days.  This Dora tricycle was too cool to pass up, cranky or not!  Grandpa found it at a garage sale, no doubt.  I covet his thrift skills.

UT - just arrived Tessa bike  UT - just arrived Sophie car

I took literally THOUSANDS of pictures during this trip, so brace yourself!  I will post the highlights as I have time to go through them all.  We did so many fun things and really enjoyed our visit, I think this may have been our most successful Utah trip so far!  By “successful”  I mean there was a lower number of tantrums/screaming at family fits.  I think that can be attributed to how laid back our visit was, no pressure, no pressing schedules, etc.  I’m so glad we got to go!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Can't wait to see your pictures, so I can steal them and put them on my blog. :)

mommaquincy said...

Tessa really never got as feisty as she was that night! It was so fun to have them here to play!!

Jenelle said...

Way to take on a road trip with no hubby for crowd control. :) You are so brave. Glad it was a successful trip. I'm jealous you have the option of making a long drive home to see the family. Glad you could go!

Kristen said...

I love Sophie's crazy hair when she's playing, it reminds me of Karli when she was little. Both your girls are so beautiful! I love all the picture you take of them! I miss Gma Quincy's trampoline too! You and I had the BEST sleepovers on it!