I ran 16 miles yesterday morning so now I know I can go the distance for my half marathon (13.1 miles) coming up. I am pretty proud, never ran that far before! I feel such a sense of accomplishment. I have a big blister on my foot and a few aches this morning but it felt good. The first 13 miles took me 1 hour 54 min. My primary goal at the race next month is under 2 hours my secondary goal is 1 hour 50 min or less. Seems reasonable I think, since I did it yesterday in nearly that with 3 miles tacked on the end, but I’ll try not to get my hopes up. I’ve come to realize that I am a terrible racer. I often have training runs faster than my races. I was always a bad tester in school, I guess this is similar.
I think it’s amazing what our bodies can do! And to think, all you marathoners have gone a full 10 miles further than I did!! I took a couple pictures in the bathroom mirror after I got back because I found it humorous how very sweaty my shirt was, on second thought, that’s gross, I’ll just keep them to myself. What’s the furthest you’ve run (or walked, biked etc.)? Don’t be shy, be proud, I’m curious.









6 comments:
One time I fell down a very long flight of stairs, I think it took me about 5 seconds or so.
Good job on your run! When is your 1/2 marathon?
Thanks for the tip for the spacing problem I'll give it a try. I'm not too computer savy. Good job for running so much. I'll be doing the St. George marathon this fall so I'll be working my way up. Yesterday was 12 and next week it's 14. Your good to go for speed. I'm not too fast I just keep my pace and hope to finish. I am interested in that Chi running you talked about in a previous post.
Way to go! You used to swim faster at practice than at the meets, too. I think that you'll do fine though! You are so over that!
Congrats!! That is so awesome. I don't know how runners do it. I've NEVER been a runner and I've always, always hated it. I wish I liked it more, though. But good luck on your half marathon coming up. I am sure you'll do great!!
You're amazing! The longest I've ever run was 11 miles. I had no idea what I was doing - I hadn't eaten enough to sustain such a long amount of exercise. I was on a treadmill at the Fieldhouse. I started blacking out and almost passed out. It was at that moment that I realized a half marathon is not for me.
I'm basically sedentary now. Gotta love having a job where you sit on your butt for 40 hours a week. And then I come home and "unwind" which equals sitting on my butt and watching tv :)
Post a Comment