Last weekend we went to Utah for my FIL’s surprise 60th birthday party. We car pooled (you’re welcome Mr. Gore) with Matt, Cami, and baby Lily. Uncle Matt got the girls ice cream at our first stop. They L-O-V-E-D it… a little too much in fact.
And since both Dan and Matt had obligations the Friday we left and the following Monday we were really only there for Saturday which was a fun day! That morning after my run I went to SIL Candice’s baby shower. Yep, it’s another girl! (That’s the only kind of grand-babies the Chapmans have so far.) Candice is such a cute pregnant lady. Her and Jason are going to be such awesome parents! (Thanks for the pictures Cami.)

Then that evening we got to be there to surprise Tom with a birthday party open house where all of his family and friends were invited. Before the big shin dig the sons did a “roast” of their dad where they made fun of him a bit and told lots of funny and some serious stories. Ann (his daughter) made a stellar slide show of pictures from his childhood to present. It was really neat, I am so glad we got to be there to honor this great man!

And the cousins (aka- princesses) were happy to hang out in the short time allotted as well. They are starting to play together better and better.
Our trip was short but worth it! Good news though, we are leaving for Utah again TOMORROW. Cami and I are driving out for a girls only trip while Matt is away for work and Dan studies for the bar. It’s going to be super fun! Plus it will include Grandma Nina’s 2nd annual COUSINS CAMP and there are whisperings of a Lagoon trip with Grandma Quincy. Can’t wait to get there, it’s the 9 hours getting there that’s the hard part. :)









3 comments:
I can't wait!
Fun! You make me want to live so much closer! I hope you have fun and the girls behave in the car!
What fun to have all girl cousins!!! I was just reading on a friend's blog about thier grandma doing a Fancy Nancy day with all the girl cousins - and I thought of Nina's cousin camp. I love this idea. Looks like she better stock up on dress up clothes with this group of princesses!
Post a Comment