Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the shapes on my face

A couple nights ago I was helping Sophie on the potty and we had the following conversation:

Sophie:  Mom, you have circles!

Me:  Circles?  Where?

Sophie: Mommy, you have circles under your eyes!

Me:  I’m sure I do, thanks!

Sophie:  They are so beautiful circles.

Me:  If you say so.

Sophie:  You have a triangle too?

Me:  A triangle?  I don’t think so.

Sophie:  Yes you do, you have a triangle under your nose.  (she traced the lines from my nose to the corners of my mouth)

Me:  (laughing) You’re right, that is a triangle!

Sophie:  I have a triangle on my face too, it’s so beautiful huh?

Me:  I don’t think you’ll have shapes on your face for at least 20 more years.  Let’s go to bed.

So glad she’s learned her shapes and can identify them, but it’s hard getting older isn’t it?  Good thing Sophie’s here to remind me!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

That is one smart kid!

mommaquincy said...

She'll be able to find many many shapes on my face!

Kristen said...

hahahaha so funny! It's definitely getting harder to get older.