Tuesday, April 13, 2010

what I want WANT WaNt to make

 

I want to make an upholstered headboard SO BAD!  I got the idea a week ago and I can’t stop thinking about it.  There are tons of tutorials out there but the one I think I’ll use can be found here.  I think I want to do one a lot like the yellow picture on the right except blue and white, and maybe add some fabric covered buttons to tuft it a bit.  My bedroom is just so plain, we have a cherry wood dresser, no nightstands, no bed frame, and white bedspread, sheets and dust ruffle.  I figure I could do the headboard in a cute pattern and make some coordinating throw pillows and curtains and my room would be a lot more exciting.  Have any of you done this before?  If so, I would REALLY appreciate your advice.  My biggest concern, cutting the wood!  Wish me luck and feel free to give your opinion on my fabric ideas.

I found this one last night, for me it’s mostly between the first fabric and this one depending on whether I want to be able to bring in any more colors.  I have the hardest time choosing fabric for any project!

blue floral fabric

13 comments:

Nichole said...

How cute! I LOVE the idea. I like the first fabric you have posted...the green with teal and light blue flowers...BUT if you did one of the fabrics with just blue you could add yellow pillow accents and it would look SO CUTE!

Cami said...

what a great idea. I like the first and fourth fabrics the best. Good Luck!

Summer said...

I personally like the top right fabric. I am truly amazed at your craftiness. You are incredible. I always just go for buying. I am NOT crafty. You are awesome have fun making the headboard.

Summer Wilson said...

I like the top right fabric the best. We made our headboard also, ours is just a rectangle though so cutting the wood wasn't difficult - actually a pretty easy yet very rewarding project. Just what I like! Good luck.

Erika Ellis said...

oh....this is going to be good!

bethany said...

I made my upholstered headboard too.... Mine's not very fancy, but I really love it. It only cost like 8 bucks because I used fabric that Adam had from his big bag business. I hope that all goes well, it looks like it'll be awesome.

Inspired said...

I say either go with one that has a third color so that you have more to decorate with in your room, or just do the blue and white and add the color with accents in pillows, wall art, lamps, etc

Lisa Nielsen said...

I love fabric headboards! They are so cute. Good luck making yours. I love all of the fabric choices too. I love the first fabric the best! I hope you guys are doing great!

Tifani said...

I like that last fabric the best. You could totally do it Jess! You are so capably crafty!

Mindee said...

That looks so fun!! What a great idea :)

mommaquincy said...

Have your dad bring his saw when we come! He can cut it for you! I love the first and the one you just posted. How fun!

Ambs said...

We've been planning to make an upholstered headboard for a while now too! Aaron doesn't like floral fabrics though... he likes manly things... like leather? You're lucky Dan isn't saying nay! :)

Crafty Momma said...

I really like the top left one, green and blue flowers! So cute. I think it is better to have 2 colors that compliment eachother rather than just one with white when it come to putting it on an actual bed.