Check out these shoes for sale on etsy:
Remind you of anything?? How about these ones I made for Tessa:
What’s going on here? j/k Truth be told, it was some of this seller’s shoes that gave the idea to made shoes in the first place. But I think the ones pictured above are new, because I didn’t see them before. Just thought it was really funny when I saw she (it may be a he, don’t know) made some that look so similar to the ones I made a few weeks ago. Plus hers are way better than mine (can you believe she sells them for $33?) and so is her picture for that matter! (Speaking of pictures, my camera estimate came back at $185… I don’t think it’s worth much more than that if it weren’t broken!) I’ve got a long way to go I guess. Any ideas how she gets hers nice and stiff on the top? I’m trying to summon the courage to email and ask her.
By the way, many of you have asked me for shoe instructions and since I use other bloggers’ instructions to make things ALL THE TIME, I would really like to return the favor. Only problem is that my pattern needs a lot of work. Only the first 2 sets of shoes I made turned out and the rest that I have tried since haven’t come together very well. So, if I have the patience to figure the pattern out, I will post it, promise. In the meantime go check out all of her cute shoes, they are adorable! (the first picture is a link to her etsy page)










7 comments:
Try using some interfacing or even some felt in between the fabric to make the shoes more stiff.
It could be interfacing or it may just be the fabric. And yes, I'm sure she copied your fabric, flower and leaf idea!
By the way I made a shoe last night that worked out pretty good, I used heavy interfacing on the top fabric and felt on the bottom. I think I'll try do the other shoe with felt lining the top too just not sure if it'll be too thick to lie flat. Thanks for your suggestions!
Jessica, your shoes are great too! I must not have the same eyes as you because I like yours more! And yes, I totally believe that she sells them for $33.00, and you could too! I am sure that as an accountant your time is worth even more than that! People are not on etsy to find a good deal but to find something unique. Anyway, I love your crafty creations. You are so talented!
YOURS are CUTER. Way cuter.
And post that pattern :) I would love it!
Cute, cute. Someday when I have a girl you can make me some. I don't know how to sew complicate things like that. I am super excited to try your suggestions about the Chi running tomorrow when I go. I have never heard of it but will give it a try and find the book. I am running a marathon in the fall and any tips are wonderful.
$33 for baby shoes???!!! I don't even spend that on my own shoes (normally)! My theory is that I'd rather have lots of inexpensive shoes than just a couple of expensive ones.....Maybe that's why my feet always hurt!
Post a Comment