Tuesday, March 16, 2010

frogs in Daddy’s pants and more shoes

Sunday morning at the breakfast table (who am I kidding?… we don’t have any other table, but our table is so small that it is surely meant to be a breakfast table), anyway, Dan passed some gas.  Nothing gross, very distinguished, in the privacy of our own home, gas. 

I joked, “What was that?”

Sophie answered, “It was a frog!”

(giggling)  “A frog?”

“Yeah Mom, where’s the frog?”

I look over and she’s searching behind and underneath Daniel for a frog.  Tessa sees the commotion and, not knowing what she’s looking for, joins in the frog hunt. 

Later that night Sophie passed gas and announced, “Mommy, that was a frog!”  So she gets it after all.

I laughed so hard I cried.  Sophie is such a funny girl, I love my kids.

I made another pair of shoes for Tessa today.  I bought some suede leather for the bottom to give durability and grip.  What do you like better, green leaves or no?  Not in love with the shade of green I have.  Anyway, crafting makes me happy!

shoes - pink w white flower

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I would leave one with a leaf and one without. Very unique that way.

jaredelizabeth said...

He he he. I love it! OH, and the shoes are fabulous!!!!!! I know I use that word a lot, but the shoes are REALLY fabulous. very cool. I think I'd go without the leaves, but they look good both ways.

mommaquincy said...

You'd better keep the leaf for today! Don't want her to get pinched! Any more frogs around?

writings said...

I believe in my house hold they were called California barking spiders...my dad's name for them not us kids, thus Sophie is a genius and a super funny one at that! Also, I like it without the leaf, but I think it is the shade of green as well. However, if you have clothes that color it isn't a bad choice. It's not the leaf its the color for me.

Kristen said...

Your girls are so funny! How cute they both are, and witty! I love the shoes you're making, I wish I had a baby just so i could make them too! lol. I like them with the green leaf, but look cute as if or without.

Jenelle said...

Leaves or no leaves they are adorable! You should make a bunch and sell them on Etsy!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Those shoes are adorable!!! You are very talented:) I love the colors you've done. The frog thing is hilarious. What a cutie!

Ann said...

FROGS!? I love it! That's more unique than Elise she just farts and says "Did you hear that!?"

bethany said...

Good heavens. You and mary could get by without any modern conveniences. I love that you make shoes. How, exactly, do you make baby shoes?

Tchu1 said...

Hello,

I was fixing my blog, then surfing around and found yours. Nice family, LOOOOVVEEELLYYY shoes!!!!
SO, i just dropped a few lines to say hello from Brazil!

Megan said...

cute, cute, what a funny girl. I love the shoes, I think without the leaves. Good job!

Cami said...

Sophie is such a funny girl! What a clever name for gas, I'll have to remember that when Lily gets bigger. And the shoes are adorable!

Tracy Giles said...

I would seriously pay you to make a pair of those for our baby. They are adorable!!! You are so talented.

Dave and Marie said...

Jess, so cute!! where do you find these ideas?

Crafty Momma said...

So cute! I wish I were as crafty as you! I just recently started making bows (about 1 year) and have been making a ton for Delia and baby showers as of late. My friends are encouraging me to sell them online, but I just don't have the confidence yet..hoepfully I'll get there, but I would like to learn to d more "crafty" things. I really like the green leaves. That shade of green really makes the pink pop! But I think I am a little too late!