especially those filled with CANDY!!
We did an egg hunt at the park Friday with a few friends and their kids. We all brought eggs to contribute and your kids were allowed to find as many eggs as you brought. We were on time… and the only ones, (besides 2 trusty husband-egg hiders). So Sophie filled her basket 3 different times, with Dan taking her eggs and re-hiding them each time. Tess did pretty good for a first-timer, she surely got the concept. There was even a GOLDEN egg, expertly hidden for the adults that had money and a Wendy’s gift certificate in it! Dan was determined…
He’s actually the reason we were there on time, he wanted to beat the competition to his baconator, ahem, I mean golden egg. He set up a grid system checking each grid of the park thoroughly, he wasn’t about to be wandering aimlessly like the others who didn’t want a baconator as much as he! Alas, one of the kids found it, under the playground!! Dan was so disappointed.
After the hunt we had a potluck. Tess has learned from her uncle Josh how to slouch, but got a little carried away. Sophie took to the trees, literally, she tried to climb this thing for a long time, I’d say at least a half hour all by her self while the rest of us were eating. I think she was just so excited to find a low enough branch for the first time in her life. Plus she’ll do anything to get out of eating a meal these days.
I put together a couple things for us all on Easter morning, but it was the grandparents who really came through! It really cracks me up that the girls always like what the other one got most, it’s entirely predictable. This is Tessa asleep on the floor Easter afternoon with Sophie’s new underwear on top of her pants, she wanted to wear it so bad! Told you she was a sloucher.
The best part of Easter isn’t really the candy, it’s General Conference. I really look forward to it, well… let’s be honest, I look more forward to the conference talks being printed in the Ensign so I can go read them… my girls don’t allow me to listen as well as I’d like. :) Just in case you are wondering what I am talking about… let me explain: I am LDS (“Mormon”) and we have a living prophet that leads us today (not just our church but the world). One of the primary ways he does that is through this General (meaning for everyone) Conference that is held twice a year in Salt Lake, UT. So you can understand why we look forward to it so much, it’s a spiritual feast! I love it. Since I don’t live in SL we watch it on TV, the internet or by broadcast to a local meeting house. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and have a testimony that He not only died for us and suffered for our sins but that He lives again! And so shall we, because of Him. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend and that Christ was part of it.
Happy Easter!









6 comments:
Your girls are so much fun! Poor Dan! So is Tessa ready to potty train? The panties do look good on top of the pants! Thanks for sharing your testimony! You are such an awesome daughter, sister, mother and person! I appreciate your wonderful example!
I just love to read your blog, Jess! I wish I was as dedicated to mine as you are to yours! Your girls are getting so big!!
Cute! Glad you had a great Easter/Conference weekend! It's so cool when they fall on the same weekend!
By the way, are you using "Windows Live Writer" to blog now? Don't you just LOVE IT??????? :)
Sure do love WLW Amber, I've been using it for awhile just don't usually use their fancy options. Totally recommend it to all bloggers though, WAY better for editing posts than blogger, it's just like using Word.
The pic of tessa with her panties on over her pants reminds me of Doug, that old cartoon. Anyone else? I love how your girls are dressed! They're always so cute. Looks like easter was fun in your neck of the woods.
First of all. I love Doug and miss it, and quote it often "ooh ooh oooh... Killer tofu..."
Second: Easter looks like so much fun at your house! Love watching the girls. They crack me up in pictures. Can't even imagine how fun it must be in person!
Post a Comment