Thanks to those who participated in my April Fools game!
The correct answer (the untrue item) was #1.
I did work as a swim instructor and lifeguard but it wasn’t my first job. My first job I started the day after my 16th’s birthday at a charming little store called Riverton Music. They sell sheet music, band instruments, and pianos. I went there after swim practice (with wet hair and all) every week day and labeled music books with SKU#’s. I think I worked 2 hours a day. I started at the very bottom there but they liked me (or had a lack of options) and promoted me to sales clerk, then to receiving, executive assistant, then accounts payable/receivable. I worked at my first job for almost 7 years! I know, I’m a pretty faithful girl. I loved working there and the people I worked with feel like family since they kind of raised me. :) I remember one time when on Valentines day a boy from school had flowers and balloons delivered to me at work. My supervisor, Pat, was very suspect. And when he asked me to junior prom she had all kinds of questions for me about him said she needed to interview him first! So cute. She was always giving me motherly advice and protection. I still try and stop by the office when we’re in town, because some of the same people are still there.
Where was your first job?









5 comments:
Tie Tac at Fashion Place Mall. No longer in business. It was a great place to do homework. Very few customers!
Mad Man Magee's! The perfect after school jo. I could get Shrink to fit levis with extra long lenghts! Turned out to be a pretty good place to meet a husband!
I remember going to visit you at Riverton Music! I was so jealous you had that job; it looked like so much fun! My first job was a Jr. Jazz hall monitor when I was 15! Ha!
Wrapping presents for the neighborhood during Christmas time! :)
I've definitely been to Riverton music. My first job... Shivers. It's a shake restaurant (aka fast food) place on 3300 south... near Cafe Rio. I was 14... likewise, I was there - off and on - for seven years!
Post a Comment