That’s right we are…
MOVING! (You thought I was going to say pregnant huh?) Not moving far or anything we’re staying in the same ward boundaries and all. And I wouldn’t even mention it except that I am so anxious! I can’t stop thinking about decorating ideas, I want to make a whole bunch of things including curtains, headboard, hanging hooks, valences, couch pillows, throw pillows. (All of the project pictures have a link to where I got them and how to make them.)
Not to mention all the stuff I want to buy, like a rug for under the table, a bench for the entry area, and some cute wall paper to decorate inside some book cases and cupboards. What is with me?? Geez! There isn’t a part of our house I don’t want to change but I am too indecisive (and cheap) to do any of it! Not to mention we won’t be moving for another month. Does anyone else get more into planning their new space before you move in than after? Anyway, I am hoping putting some of my ideas up here will calm my nerves a bit and give me some peace. It’s seriously all I can think about!
2 bits of good news:
1. I found some headboard fabric that I LOVE! It’s not much like the fabric samples I put up here (thanks to all of you for helping pick though, your comments are always appreciated), but when at the fabric store my fabric practically jumped out and bit me, it’s gonna be so cute. I think it’s perfect. Now I just have to wait a month until my Dad’s here with his trusty saw and superior cutting skills so I can finally make it. I think the waiting might kill me. But with my Dad’s help I know I can totally do this project!
2. Our new place won’t be as nice as our current place, BUT it will still have 3 bedrooms, be close to my running trail, closer to more of my friends (except Leslie, so sad), it has a community garden right by our building, we will get vaulted ceilings, and best of all… we will save $5,000 if we live there just one year! That’s the kicker right there. No I don’t want to move, but yes it is worth it. Plus moving is just an opportunity to de-junk right? (insert sarcasm here) Plus if we ever want to own a house we need to bite the bullet and start saving up, living in a nice apartment isn’t going to get us there. (that part was back to being serious)












5 comments:
I know what you mean! I hate moving, but I really, really like decorating my new place! We are moving in a month too, and I am already trying to figure everything out. Good luck in your move!
I totally thought you were going to announce that you were pregnant! hehehe!
Yes, I too get a plethora of decorating, re-organizing, & "home make-over" ideas when we are about to move. You are so ambitious it won't surprise me at all to see most all of your ideas come to life!
I am so sad that we won't be such close nieghbors anymore, but I was a little relieved that we weren't the ones leaving you guys "abandoned" buy moving too. At least we will still be in the same ward!!
I can't wait to see your new head board! (Maybe I can get a VIP sneak peak at the fabric? *hint *hint)
Moving...not my favorite thing, but I am like you and think about all the ways I can make the new place feel like home (then I ususally look at my budget and scrap most of my thoughts and put it in the "someday when we have a house" folder) mt least favorite thing is trying to reorganize everything, and then rememberig where I put everything. Oh well, such is life...good luck with all your waiting, I think the transition stage before you move is the WORST part!
I love the bench with the baskets. I don't know where I would fit it...but we have a serious shoe problem.:)
Great ideas!
Post a Comment