Monday, February 1, 2010

Outside!! … finally

random - Tessa swing smile

The weather was FINALLY good enough for an afternoon walk to the park.  It wasn’t just the weather that hadn’t been cooperating, we’d all been sick too.  I’m not sure how long it had been but I would venture a guess at 1 or 2 months since we’ve spent an afternoon outside.  You can tell from the red noses and cheeks it wasn’t balmy by any means, but just warm (and well) enough we pulled it off!  It was wonderful.

random - Tessa swinging random - Soph swinging

Also last week I took a picture of Sophie’s first attempt at writing her letters.  She did this on her own and showed me, I’ve tried to encourage her to do it again but when it’s MY idea she won’t.  So she only did these letters the one time (sorry for the blurry picture, I was in a hurry) but she writes X’s everywhere.  I think it started with an accidental C she recognized and then experiments with the rest.  I was quite proud of her… hence the picture.

random - Sophie's letters

Tessa looked so wild with her crazy hair and tacos all over herself I had to take a few pictures of our little carnivore.  She loves to eat, Tessa asks to eat a meal about 6 times a day.

random - Tessa eating smile random - Tessa eating bowl random - Tessa eating cheeser

5 comments:

Ann said...

Ha! Love your girls! It's crazy to see Tessa in Sophie's old clothes. They're getting so big. Can't wait to come see you.

mommaquincy said...

I'm so glad that everyone is better! Those two are getting older and smarter every day! I love them!

Lisa Nielsen said...

Oh my goodness, Tessa's hair!!! She is so cute. Your girls are so sweet. It looks like it was good to get outside! I love being outside:)

Jenelle said...

Tessa's hair is AWE-SOME in those pictures! Glad you got to be outside. It's snowing a bunch here and Madi is going crazy not being able to run around outside.

Kristen said...

You're girls are so cute!! I love the pics of Tessa eating!