Don’t worry this isn’t a gushing post about how much I love my husband (although I surely do), it’s about what we are all obsessed with lately.
But first; I’m a sucker for girls snuggling with their daddy. I have taken so many pictures like this… the kids just keep getting bigger.
They both love daddy, but Tessa ESPECIALLY loves Daniel! She talks about him all the time saying, “da da,” and pointing to the front door where he left out of, or his shoes on the floor, or the bathroom she saw him get ready in. Often she feels the need to further explain who she wants by finding pictures of Dan in the house and pointing them out to me. It’s so sweet. When he walks in the house she always runs and latches onto his leg while he takes off his coat. She always hugs and then pats, I love it.
Know what else we love? But not as much as Dan, of course. The library!! We went to a different one the other day that is brand new and SO COOL! They have a decent size kids’ area with games built into the the ends of the book shelves, a magnet board, floor cushions and the favorite this week: big soft blocks and circles. Some older kids used them to build a car using the circular ones the wheels. Sophie thought this was an amazing idea and much to the chagrin of the older children, she awkwardly joined the assembly. She talked about it the whole way home so we decided to make one out of a soda can box. Not too impressive and more like a van than a car… but hey Sophie doesn’t judge. :)
Also, this weekend Dan had the opportunity to play his viola at a baptism. I love to hear him play and it doesn’t happen enough these days with him so busy with school and work. The girls were quite taken by him and joined in the serenade.
By the way, I don’t know how many of you are aware, but Dan is a VERY talented musician his viola paid for his undergrad education completely as well as performances in Germany, Austria, and Sweden. He had planned a career in viola performance and totally floored me a year into our marriage when he told me he wanted to go to law school.
As for me, I only have eyes for crafts these days. I want to make a couple of these for the diaper bag to keep my girls happy in church or the doctor’s office. I think they’re adorable. I’ll let you know how they turn out.










8 comments:
You are so crafty! I don't know how you do it all, but kudos to you! We all love hearing Daniel play the viola, it's so beautiful!
Can Daniel play for us too? :) Also do you want to do a craft while I'm their? I always LOVE a good craft! T minus 4 days and counting.
I had no idea he could play the viola! That is really cool. I love the little instruments that your girls have, so cute!
Looks like there will be many concerts in your future! Its so nice when your kids attach themselves to your husband. You can get so much more done that way. And the art books are very cute! I made something similar for you guys for church, I think they were made out of place mats somehow? See you soon!
Your girls are adorable. I think it's awesome that Dan still plays - he was so good even in high school.
I think that the viola will be coming out a lot more in few months! Wahoo for graduation being just around the corner! Then those girls of yours can snuggle with dad a lot more while you get more of those cute crafts done!
Daddy's little girls! Oh they are so sweet! Good job on all of your crafts. I always see things I want to make, but never actually do it :( I can't believe Dan is almost done with LAW school...what an accomplishment!!! Any ideas where is he going to work?
I followed your link and made the drawing pad/pencil cases for Charlotte and Freddie--and all while they were napping! Can't wait to see what you come up with for Sophie's birthday.
Post a Comment