The ward trunk or treat was really fun this year. They did games inside and then trunk or treating outside afterwards. Dan won the doughnut eating contest! He sure put all the 2 and 3 year olds to shame!! Sophie liked the doughnuts but especially enjoyed learning how to play BINGO. Tessa's favorite was when Dan gave her a sucker, look at her costume, it was a mess. Oh and in case you are wondering, we were Goldilocks (Sophie) and the 3 bears! I was worried that Sophie would be jealous when she saw all the Disney princesses at the party but she LOVED it! She thought we were at Disneyland I think. She would say things like, "Mom, Sophie go talk a pirate?" gesturing towards a little girl dressed as a pirate. Then she would go up to the chosen character and say something like, "Hi, Snow White, Hi! I am Goldilocks." We visited several celebrities.
Since Sophie had been talking about it for a few months we decided we'd better go out a do some real trick-or-treating too. At the mention of Halloween she has been saying, "Knock, knock! TRICK-OR-TREAT!! Thank you!" I thought she understood how it worked... but I was wrong.
The first house we went to I let Sophie go up to the door with the other kids we were out with and figured she would follow the older kids' lead. I was standing on the drive way with the other adults. The doorbell was rung and the door was opened. "TRICK-OR TREAT!" the children beamed. It was kind of hard to see over the banister on their porch but while the nice man was giving perfect strangers candy (we live in an apartment complex and no one gives out candy so we went to a neighborhood across the street). Anyway, I couldn't see well but I thought I saw Sophie go in the door! I ran up there, barged inside the house to find Sophie wandering around their living room looking for candy! She did get the hang of it, but I was very explicit that she stay OUTSIDE where she can see her Mommy.
That's Sophie with the love of her life, Jake! She really does have a serious obsession, when he's over she can't stop saying his name and having him do everything for her and notice everything she's doing. They are enjoying the clear winner of the Halloween loot, candy necklaces. A perfect combination! And the other picture that didn't make it on the scrapbook pages is Tessa adoring Kim, aka- Sophie's competition (she's Jake's wife).
These 2 are just other pictures I took this weekend. Sophie putting on make up with me Saturday morning, a little too much bronzer on the forehead! And Sophie blowing on Tessa's stomach. They enjoy playing together... sometimes. :)









11 comments:
So cute! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Now I'm craving doughnuts!
Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween! I LOVE your costumes! So cute! I love that Dan put the 2-3 year olds to shame with the doughnut eating contest! Haha, too funny!
I love all your cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! Don't worry, Sophie will probably get Trick-or-Treating TOO well next year. Rachel's been talking about Halloween for 2 months, non-stop & she was so sad when we'd hit more than 50 houses & I told her I was done. She kept saying, "but that house has lights on, we need to go there!!"
You guys are all so cute!
Sophie makes a darling Goldilocks! You other guys are great bears. That baby bear looks way too huggable to scare away anyone though! I'm waiting for the scrapbook pages so I can print them. These and the last ones in a better resolution please!
so dang cute!
You guys are so fun! I love when families have coordinating costumes.
Cute cute cute! Love the costumes! And it doesn't surprise me at all about Sophie and trick or treating. That girl has no shyness in her :)
Cute costumes. What a great idea!!! Glad you had a fun Halloween. Sophie says the funniest things!
Your costumes are so cute!!!! What a great idea.
I love it! That is the perfect costumes! So clever! Your girls are absolutely beautiful!
Cute idea on the costumes. I would have never thought of anything like that. Very clever! I love seeing pictures of the girls, they are so adorable! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment