I love my little sister Jenny very much and naturally was just bursting when I found out she was pregnant about 8 months ago… notice I said 8 months. Dean Thomas Kendall decided to come about 4 weeks early and was born this morning in Houston. I wish I could be there to just hold him and take in his sweet baby smell. I love them fresh from heaven. Even though he was early both mom and baby are healthy and happy!
When I got a text from James (the new dad) just after 5 this morning I turned to Dan and told him the stats:
“Dan! He’s here!! 6lb 9oz… DAN!”
“Uhhhh, urrrr (grumble, grumble) uh huh? good.”
I wanted to talk to him about how exciting it was but he was not interested at that time. It’s not that Dan’s not a morning person as much as he’s not a good person to try to talk to when he’s not fully awake, any time of day. Anyway, I just lied in bed and smiled to myself and remembered what it feels like holding your brand new baby in the hospital, YOUR very own baby. It was a special moment for me, since I don’t remember many things these days. I thought about how Jenny must be feeling, just pure joy! Ok, there IS some fatigue and pain mixed in there somewhere… but mostly just so much joy and awe for this great miracle! I had tears rolling down my cheeks wishing I could be there to get a glimpse of that feeling. I’m so happy for you Jen! I love babies, and I love YOU little Dean!
Congrats to the Kendalls!!









8 comments:
You are right, there is nothing better than holding your precious little miracle, fresh from heaven. I get emotional remembering all those feelings. Glad to hear Jenny and baby are healthy and doing well!!! Congrats, Auntie :)
That is so crazy and exciting! It is amazing how much more impacting the announcement of a birth is when it is one of your immediate family members having the baby...I am so excited for her...and you!
Finally another grandkid in the Quincy family thats not yours. I'm so glad your kids will have a cousin to play with. Even though I don't think he will reach Elise status :)
How exciting! I love the new baby smell, feeling, look...everything! I hope you get the chance to see the little one sooner than later :)
You make me so excited to go see him and hold him! And to get my own little one here of course and experience that joy for myself.
Congratulations Jenny and James! Tell them we are so happy for them. Did your mom get to go meet her grandson yet?
I love Babies, but they grow up so fast. I can't believe Gavin is already 3 weeks old.
do you know when you'll get to meet him?
Congrats to all of you. Mostly Jenny and James...Babies are so much fun! Im baby hungry....everyone has tiny little newborns...im jealous!
Little Jenny is a mommy? Oh my gosh, I need to get married, buy a house, and start baby making. As long as I can do that before Joni, I think I won't have a heart attack. Lol. Congrats Jenny! Dean is beautiful!
Post a Comment