Last night we experienced
FREEDOM!
(Said as William Wallace did in the movie Braveheart.)

Dan and I got our very first... babysitter. (Who doesn't resemble Mel Gibson in the slightest, just thought it was weird to put the word babysitter, right under his crazy picture.) We've left our girls with family and friends several times but since we weren't paying them I've always felt guilty and in a hurry to pick the girls up. Consequently, we only use friends and family for necessary outings like going to the temple and to the hospital to have Tessa. :) And I certainly appreciate all of their help! But it was just so nice to go out just the two of us, knowing our girls are in good hands and that both parties were benefiting (us: time together, babysitter: money). I love my girls dearly, but I love them even more after I get a break from them. It's a beautiful thing, I know we'll be doing it again sometime.
By the way, totally recommend seeing the new Star Trek movie. Never watched the TV show but I LOVED the movie.









7 comments:
I sure hope your babysitter didn't look like that! Of course now that you go to Star Trek conventions I would expect you to love the movie! 12 more days until I'll be there and ready to tend your girls every minute I can!
I've never used a babysitter either. I am not sure what rates even are. I am nervous to use one. How do you get words "babysitter" in different fonts? I am always curious about that. I'd love to do that.
I heared that the Star Trek movie is good, we really need to see it. Actually we really need to do what you did and simply just go out together without the kids sometime soon. Good for you guys!
I never get a sitter either and don't plan on it anytime soon. There is just something that bugs me about leaving Neacel at home with some person that doesn't have kids of their own. Im paranoid I know but hopefully one day I can get some freedom. BTW props on seeing that movie. Nick tried to talk me into it but I just couldn't! Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Star Trek freaking ruled. Mandy wouldn't see it, so I went with my Dad and John. Wow, definitely an A.
Good for you!!! We love using a babysitter and the young women in our ward are so incredible. Plus, it feels good to know that we are helping them save for college, car, etc. I was really nervous the first time we did it, but now I love it and we have a few that we totally trust. Plus, their parents are just down the street incase anything happens and an adult needs to get here quickly. I never watched Star Trek on TV, but I am curious to see the movie. I'm glad you liked it. Maybe one night we should get sitters and go on a double date!
Hooray for you! I think it was during my second or third root canal thar I realized looking forward to going to the dentist to get a break from my kids meant I wasn't getting out enough! Do you have any reccomendations for an awesome baby sitter?
Post a Comment