Yep, he stopped by our house, did he make it to yours? He left a trail of eggs (maybe that means he's a she...) leading to Sophie's Easter basket. She was VERY excited.
Saturday morning we enjoyed a rainy Easter egg hunt. I told Sophie about it about 15 minutes before it was time to leave and she was just bursting with excitement! She clung to her bucket during our drive to the park. We were a few minutes late so the kids were already started and that stressed all of us out and so we rushed Sophie out there. She ran towards the park with mounting anticipation when she suddenly tripped on her new sandals (in the rain I know, you try reasoning with a stubborn 2 year old) and did a face plant on the asphalt! It was so sad, she was devastated. Dan and I felt like crying with her. Never fear, after a few magical kisses from mom and dad she was off to the races again!
I had this grand idea that I would put the girls in their matching dresses from Grandma for a cute picture at the park that morning, the weather didn't agree so I made a few attempts after we got home... I'll have to try again later. Pictures outside are just SO much better.
We were late to church on Easter Sunday... which I may add drives me CRAZY!! What's up with that? I swear even if I'm ready 2 or 3 hours before it's time to go (no exaggeration) and all I have to do is get the girls ready and pack the diaper bag I'm STILL late! How frustrating. Anyway, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, Easter Sunday. Church was wonderful I enjoyed some great lessons in all 3 blocks (THANKS to the nursery).
That evening we were invited to a dinner with some 30 other people at a friend's house. Can you imagine having that many people over for dinner? Plus all of their kids too? When we got there she had everything set up with a place at the table for EVERYONE including high chairs and boosters for every child!! I brought my camera and was happily recording the event...
...just good food and company UNTIL this one
EXPLODED! She decided she didn't want to eat, she wanted to play instead. We told her she had to have just 2 bites first. Well I won't bore you with the details but ONE AND ONE-HALF HOURS, about 15 time-outs and many tears later she FINALLY ate a roll. She is stubborn, but so are we! Isn't it fun when your child decides to have a COLLOSAL tantrum in front of 30+ friends? Yeah, we loved it. Hopefully our consistency will pay off in the long run. ;)
After that I treated myself to dessert! This isn't what I actually choose to eat, (not a coconut fan) but I wanted to take a picture because they were so cute!
We had such a good time, thanks Andrea!! She even let Sophie throw a few tantrums in her room, what a kind hostess. We love Andrea, not only does she feed us on Easter but she is Sophie's favorite nursery teacher and is the reason she goes in without a fuss. It's kind of sad to be away from family on holidays but being with friends is the next best thing!









8 comments:
We missed you guys yesterday, but managed to have a fun time! Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories! So was dinner during Sophie's nap time by any chance?
Nope, she actually had a decent nap (despite the sugar high) after church and woke up right before we left for dinner. She's just testing her boundaries and really likes to act up when we're out.
Looks like sophie had so much fun! I love them in their matching dresses. I did that too. Isn't it fun having two girls???
I love Sophie's wings! Glad you had a nice Easter. Their matching outfits are way cute!
You take the best pictures, Jessica. I'm glad that those girls got matching easter outfits. So Cute!
I love that you guys are more stubborn than Sophie it is good for her ;) Anyway, I love all those fun easter pics!
Isn't andrea awesome!! Looks like you had a fun time...despite the fact of sophie's outburst! Wait until you hear Delia's Easter story..then you won't feel so bad!!;) It's an everyday thing for us it seems...but you still lovem' anyway..we're suckers!
Looks like you had a fun Easter. That is so nice of those people to have ALL those people over for dinner. THanks for the tip we will try that with Blake. He thinks it's fun to come out and turn on and off the light. We will see. Hopefully in a week+ it will get better. I am behind I need to get Easter going.
Post a Comment