This post may be inspired by watching too much Sesame Street where they have a "number of the day!" But we had a number of the week and it was 2.
2 months of Tessa's life. Here's her traditional "month-day" picture with the bear. She is such a chubby chunk, and we love it! What a mellow baby, Tessa loves to smile and talk to anyone who will listen, otherwise she'll just go to sleep. I also wanted to mention for my own journaling purposes (because let's be honest I'm not going to document this otherwise) that I've still got another 10 pounds to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight this time. I gained 30 pounds during this pregnancy, lost 10 in the hospital, 10 more in the first week home and NOTHING since then. :) Hopefully over the next 2 months I'll be more successful.
2 years for Sophie (see more pictures and commentary below)
2 bears go to bed with Sophie every night ("twos bears, mommy please! brown and purple ones.") She's doing great sleeping in her big girl bed although she doesn't wait for help out of bed anymore. She also learned how to open doors this week so we've been locking her in. :) Don't judge me, sleep is important.
2 loads of laundry daily. She may be small but Tessa makes a difference! Especially with her going through 2 or 3 outfits a day... every time I'm changing her from a blow out I ask myself, "are the cheaper diapers really worth it?" (I discovered that the Wal-Mart diapers cost HALF the Huggies.)
2 home-made dinners Sorry Dan, I'll do better. It's hard to find time to go to the grocery store, plan and prepare the meals these days. But I know I'll figure out how to do it eventually.
2 miles ran 2 times, I'm trying to get in shape to do a 10k on Memorial day, wish me luck! It feels wonderful to be running again.
2 temple sessions (Technically, we are doing this tomorrow... but it's still a "2" from this week.) Dan and I plan to take turns watching the girls so we both can go. I love the temple.
2 basketball sessions with the Elder's Quorum, and no new injuries! Yeah!
2 sick parents and 2 sick kids. We're all better now except Dan... ironically he's the only one who isn't home right now.
2 girls to the doctor on the same morning (not related to the sickness, just regular check-ups)
Here are their stats from the doctor's office:
Tessa
Weight - 11 lbs 8.4 oz (66%)
Height - 22 1/4 inches (42%)
Head - 15 1/4 inches (47%)
Sophie
Weight - 27 lbs 6.9 oz (61%)
Height - 34 3/4 inches (76%)
Head - 19 1/2 inches (93%)
BMI 37
2 poops on the potty We got Sophie her own princess potty that she used twice this week. She probably sat on it 12 times with those 2 successes, but we'll take it! The potty has a sensor in the bowl that will play a "royal reward" song when wet. She's yet to make her potty sing, but we have high hopes she'll do it someday soon!
2 sisters Here are a couple pictures of Sophie and Tess taken on Valentines day, and yes, Sophie's shirt is wet from trying to drink from a glass. Such cute sisters, but they hardly look like sisters in these pictures do they?
Sophie's birthday continued... here's some play by play:
Dan set up Sophie's table and chairs after she was in bed the night before (thanks Grandma and Grandpa Chapman for those!) and I wrapped her presents and set them out. When she woke up on her birthday I sang her "Happy Birthday," she surprised me with her birthday knowledge by saying, "Yeah, happy birthday cake, party hats..." She was very excited about all of her presents and played with them all morning. Her favorites are her new hat and princess shoes. She has been scuffing around the house in those heels ever since. Before Sophie's nap I pampered her by painting her finger nails for the first time, she thought it was pretty special.
Dan came home from work while Sophie was napping and so we went to the park in the afternoon. It was FREEZING! Sophie was the only one who didn't seem to mind the cold wind. This first picture of her in the swing reminded me of her "pirate" picture from when she was a year old and I had to put them side by side for comparison... she hasn't changed much has she? Just more hair.
For dinner we had Sophie's favorite: peas, chicken nuggets and fries. While the food was baking the cake I had baked hours earlier was sitting on the stove. It was the first time I used my new Pyrex glass pan and, can you believe it cracked in half!?!?!! It was a loud noise and it took us awhile to figure out what had made it. So I transferred the cake to our biggest platter... which wasn't big enough but I trimmed the cake to fit. Sophie was mesmerized by the fire of the candle, she looks like she's in a trance. She scarfed it down (especially the ice cream), yum yum!
Sophie was blessed with many phone calls and emails from family members, thanks guys!! We love you so much Sophie and are so glad you are part of our family! You make us so proud and bring us lots of joy. Hope you had a fun day on your birthday.
And last, but not least, here's video of me talking to Tessa... unfortunately I am much louder than she is since I am holding the camera but I have to talk to her or she won't talk back! Anyway, I think she is pretty darn sweet.
So as you can see this week was 2 much fun! Oh dear, I kill myself with the corny pun... I can't help it, it's who I am. Sorry.









11 comments:
Wow! 2 videos! Awesome post! I have to remember lots of stuff to comment on, but I'm not complaining! Tessa is bigger than the bear! The thing that jumped out at me on the stats was Sophie's head size! She is really like her dad! Tessa's head is growing faster than her hair! She is soo sweet! Sorry about the cake pan! Let's all hope that it warms up soon!
Wow Sophie has pooped int he potty almost as much as Elise, and we've been potty training for 2 1/2 months! Happy birthday Sophers, Elise keeps asking for Sophie too. Tessa is getting so big and chunky. I just want to chew on those cheeks!
So cute! I still can't believe how big Sophie is! I was printing wedding pictures the other day and she's like a different little person compared to a year ago! Tessa is the cutest little chunk!
You guys have had quite the week! Tessa is getting so big, and I love Sophie's pirate face. Glad to see she didn't grow out of it :)
Happy 2nd Birthday Sophie! What a fun week of 2's! Your girls are so cute!
Yeah! That was a great post! I loved it all. I love your girls, and of course you! I am so glad to know you. You make me a better person!
Looks like a lot going on at your house! I have to tell you that when I opened this to leave a comment I saw one from the "wells family" and I thought to myself that "hey when did I leave that message?" Last names are crazy!!! The two's are so far the hardest in my house so I hope that you have better luck!! Your girls are soooooo cute though so they may be worth it like Austin is.
Your family is so cute! I liked your "2" theme. great idea!
SO cute I loved the post. That's a lot of 2's I like 2. I didn't remember you guys lived in Denver, sorry we were only there for like 24hrs. I would have loved to see you but we were go, go, go. We will have to come again. We really like it there. I don't know it too well but where abouts do you guys live? Are you going to stay there for good or do you want to come back to Utah? Cute girls.
I love Tessa's two month picture! What a cute smile!!
You have such cute little girls!
Happy Birthday Sophie
you have TWO adorable princess.
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to little Sophine!!!
You might wonder who I am, i'm actually your silent reader.:)
Post a Comment