Tuesday, February 3, 2009

a fun-filled weekend

Friday night we did something we haven't done in probably 6 months, WE WENT OUT!!  It wasn't a date but it was a lot of fun.  We went bowling with a bunch of friends from our ward to celebrate a couple of birthdays.  I can't remember the last time I bowled (besides on the Wii) and I was pretty bad, but Dan faired alright.  I didn't get many pictures because after we had taken a few a guy from the bowling alley came over and told us our flashes were setting off the foul lines in the 6 surrounding lanes!!  Never heard of that before, is that even possible?  So I have these two dismal pictures.  Unfortunately, we're out of focus in the first and I couldn't use a flash in the second so it's too dark... but you get the idea I guess.

stuff 042  stuff 047  stuff 037

Dan's parents and his brother and sister-in-law came to town Friday night.  On Saturday Dan took everyone to see where he spends all his time, the law school.We enjoyed the beautiful weather in Cherry Creek walking around to the shops.  The highlight of our day was lunch at the Cherry Cricket (DEFINITELY recommend it!!!).

stuff - day w Chapmans page

stuff 013stuff 008  That evening my parents arrived as well.  My dad got right to work building me shelves in our storage area we have off our deck.  He's such a busy body.  Thanks again Dad, they are awesome!!  Sophie was sufficiently spoiled with early birthday presents, and the arrival of her Christmas gifts we couldn't fit into our luggage to bring home before.  I'm sure she didn't realize they were hers and not Grandmas'.  She was thrilled about everything and kept running from toy to toy excitedly, not able to focus on any one thing.  She loves to have an audience watch her play too.  Her new bike may as well be an armchair the way she sits in it all day, she has been obsessed with bikes for a long time but this is her very first one!

We blessed Tessa at church on Sunday (the reason for family coming to town).  Dan did a great job, I am so grateful to have a husband who is a worthy priesthood holder.  And Tessa was an angel during the blessing.  She wore the same dress both Sophie and I did, isn't she just beautiful?  Oh I just love her so much!

Tessa's blessing - page

Tessa's blessing day celebration quickly turned into a Super Bowl party.  It was a great game!!  (Eventhough the Cardinals lost. ) But let's be honest... I was more excited for all of the wonderful FOOD!!  I don't know why I didn't take any pictures of our lovely spread but just know it was awesome.  We had hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken patties, fries, fruit salad, green salad, jumbo shrimp, cupcakes and candy.  I had more food to make but no one was hungry enough. :)  Sophie spent as much time as she could this weekend on uncle Jason's lap, she really loves him.  In fact I know she enjoyed the company of all of our visitors.  Tessa did too... which made a nice break for me.  We are so glad that everyone was able to come visit, thanks for making the trip guys!

super bowl - page

Sophie sleeps in her toddler bed

My parents also brought Sophie's big girl bed and assembled it this morning before they left.  Sophie wanted to sleep in it for her nap and I obliged although I was worried she'd end up playing with toys instead of napping.  She slept in it no problem.  Funny thing was when I heard her talking and went to go get her after her nap, I found her standing up on the bed just like she does in her crib when she wakes up, arms in the air waiting for me to get her out!  Silly girl, I wonder how long it will take her to figure out she doesn't need me to get out of her new bed.

14 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

Wow, what a dress...I've never seen a blessing dress so pretty. I'm glad you had a good weekend with family.

mommaquincy said...

You're pictures of Tessa in the dress are awesome! Thanks for such a funfilled weekend!

Cieslak Family said...

Tessa is so photogenic, her blessing pictures are adorable!

-Stacie

mommaquincy said...

I hate finding grammatical errors on my comments, so just let me say that I meant your not you're pictures. Dan I did air quotes on that!

Kolbi Young said...

You were busy this weekend!!! Glad that you were able to celebrate such a special day with both sets of grandparents! I'm sure they wouldn't have missed it for the world.......

Megan said...

That's funny about the blankets with you. That's so great Sophie slept so well in her new bed. We are moving Blake soon and I hope it goes as well for us as it did for you. Tessa is darling in her cute little dress what a fun day blessing, football, family, and food. Good time. Cute family.

Cami said...

Tessa looks so sweet in her white dress. Glad to see you had a busy, fun weekend!

Summer said...

Hey Jess, I love all the digital scrapbooks you do. What program do you use. Let me know cause I really want to do some.

Love ya Summer

Jenelle said...

Hi Jessica, it's Jenelle (Okelberry) from Sem Council at Bingham. I found your blog through Emily's and I'd love to keep in touch. I just started a blog too. Can I add you to my list? Talk to you soon...
PS your girls are ADORABLE!

Anna said...

Congrats on blessing Tessa! Baby blessings are always so special. What a little cutie. How fun that so many family members were able to come for a visit! Looks like a super fun weekend :)

Dannenbergs said...

The blessing pictures look adorable. Congratulations Tessa and to Sophie. The big girl bed is a big step. Paul has been in a bed for about 9 months and he still waits for me to come and get him. Funny kids.

Mary said...

Lucky Chapmans, to host your parents and let them spoil your girls. Will you send your dad my way, Jess? We could use another busy body around this house!

Emily said...

Great pictures Jessica! I'm really sorry the one I took of you guys at the bowling alley turned out blurry. I guess I couldn't tell because it was kind of dark in there. I have a cute one of you and Sophie if you want me to send it to you. I'm glad you guys could come that night and it was a lot of fun.

Crafty Momma said...

That is so cute! I can't wait to get Delia a big girl bed! she is already trying to climb out, but she is still a little short of gettinger her foot over. When Delia got sick about a week ago (my first case of reall throw-up) I was cleaning all her sheet and had the mattress out. So I decided to try and get her sto sleep on the "bed" but when I went in to get her up/check on her she was on the other side of the room with her blankie and bear sleeping on the floor! It was so funny.