Tuesday, March 11, 2008

randomness

Here are a couple scrapbook pages I put together with pictures I took of Sophie over the last week.


I think Sophie's hair looked better with the curlers still IN! But I had fun trying anyway. Her hair is actually pretty curly on it's own, perhaps I'll have to just defuse it... if that's legal to do on a baby. j/k It's so silly that I have been doing so much with her hair lately because there really isn't much to speak of!

Yes, Sophie's best friend is that little black and white stuffed dog. Funny thing; it was a gift from one of my young women and she probably got it out of her happy meal! Isn't it ironic? You'd think she would go for one of the much more expensive and cute items others have purchased for her but no, she chooses to bring that dog anywhere I will allow her to. She throws a fit when I won't let her hold it during meals (GROSS!). But she has become very skilled at switching hands so she can continue holding it while I dress or undress her. If she drops the dog it's instant pandemonium as she cries out and frantically reaches for it. I am curious what types of things you were or your kids are now attached to? This is normal right? And how is such an item selected I wonder? Sophie has other toy dogs that are cuter and softer, seems so random. Alas, children do not use the same logic as we do. I suppose that's a good thing, they are not so worldly and superficial as I am. I guess that will come with time. :) But I hope she waits awhile.

And here she is enjoying her ravioli dinner, what a mess!

9 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I left a comment and it's not here, so I may be repeating myself. I love the curlers and I think she has lots of hair. The tongue tricks are my favorite pictures. I love how happy food makes her. I can so relate!

Ann said...

Elise is obsesed with her black bear and this simple blanket my mom made for her. They are both falling apart already I think they will just disentigrate one day. The pages look really good BTW. Can't wait to see you next week!

Shelly said...

I love the pages you have done! They look fabulous!

cami said...

Very cute pages! I love brown and pink together. Too bad about the curlers disaster. She just needs it to grow a little more, then it will be so cute. I'm jealous that you're going to Utah. Have so much fun.

Mary-Anne said...

You are a very talented scrapbooker! Those pages are SO SO cute!!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with all of the previous comments! You are so good at doing those pages! They are REALLY cute. It helps that you have such a cute little girl though!

Kolbi Young said...

I am so impressed!!! You are so talented! I haven't yet converted to the digital scrapbooking, maybe because I get enough graphic design projects at work :)

We would love for you to move to Daybreak when you move back!! The housing market has changed so much since we moved just 3 years ago! I can't believe the cost of homes in our little South Jordan. And I hear you on the "student loan mortgage"!!! Oh, well....it will all work out.

Tracy Giles said...

Congrats Dan on the big accomplishment! You do such a great job scrap booking. You might have to teach me how!

The Allens said...

I love your scrapbook pages! You did a great job! That is hilarious that you put curlers in Sophie's hair. Little girls are so much fun to dress up. Katie's favorite thing is her blanket. She has 3 blankets of this certain type of material and she'll do almost anything for them. Also...congrats to Dan. That is a great accomplishment!