Thursday, March 6, 2008

pathetic pigtails (and thoughts on motherhood)

I concluded that what makes a toddler is not their ability to toddle but it's all about the hair! Doesn't she look so much older and distinguished with these pathetic little pigtails? To her defense, she really is starting to toddle. She has started opting to take a couple steps instead of crawling in certain situations and just hold her toys with both hands while standing instead of sitting down to change her grip every time. The truth is I am having WAY too much fun dressing up my cute little doll. Now if we could only get her to grow some hair on the front half of her head!
Isn't it just a little bit sad that pigtails are such a momentous occasion that I need to post pictures on my blog? It's not that my life is void of any excitement (well, not quite... just humor me ok) more so, it's because I am totally and completely obsessed with my child!! But it's okay because it's mutual she loves me back, so there. :) I suppose it is to be expected due to the ridiculous amounts of time we spend together. Which makes me think... it's probably not a coincidence at all, it's part of the Lord's plan. How else could mother's have the patience required to raise children if they didn't love them so much? I believe that it's in fact, genius.

11 comments:

cami said...

I LOVE the pigtails! Even if they are a little sparse. She has grown so much in the last few months.

Mary-Anne said...

I don't think they're pathetic...I think they're VERY cute! And you're right...pigtails DO make little girls look more like toddlers instead of babies! I wonder why...?

Howard and Melissa said...

The pigtails are SOOOOO cute! Compared to Natalie's hair at the same age, Sophie has an abundance of hair in her pigtails! Natalie was so bald that I couldn't even cut a hair sample at age one for her baby book, so I put her hair in a barrette--she would always pull the barrettes out, and I would save the tiny strands of hair that got caught in the barrette. After a few days, I combined the strands of hair and had a pathetic little sample for her baby book...She has BEAUTIFUL, thick hair now, so I can't complain.

Tracy Giles said...

I believe pig tails are a huge milestone and absolutely deserve their own post on the blog! She looks so cute!

mommaquincy said...

I think that the only problem is that Sophie's grandma doesn't get to spend enough time with her. Its fun to see her looking so grown up, but sad because the last time I saw her she was still looking like a baby. Enjoy the dressing up. She's alot like her Mom and you didn't let me do your hair or dress you after you turned about 4 or 5. I guess I didn't use enough hairspray in your BIG bangs or something.

Ann said...

Those pigtails are coming along. Elise has some friends that are her age that still couldn't do that with their hair. Keep up the good work! It is true though when you stay home with your kid all day you do spend ridiculous amounts of time together. It's not a bad thing.

Kolbi Young said...

I love her piggytails (that's what we used to call them :)!!! I can tell that you are such a good mom!

The Allens said...

I love the pigtails! It's true she looks so much older with them in. I could not wait for Katie's hair to be long enough for pigtails and ended up with ridiculous looking bug antennae on the top of her head, which I thought were the cutest ever! Little girls are so much fun to dress up! Sophie always looks like a little model baby! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea that Sophie had that much hair. Wow...those pigtails really make it obvious. I agree with the hair thing. The more hair they have when they are little the older they seem.

Unknown said...

i like it i think its cute! ilove her and miss her and you and even dan! :) i think that kids are so gosh darn cute so that when they hit the not so fun teen years it's too late your already way in love with them!

Crafty Momma said...

I love them! She looks so adorable! I can't wait until Delia has enough hair for that. Right now it looks as though I will only be able to do one right i=on top since that is the only place her hair is growing! :)