Monday, March 3, 2008

only for candy

Just like signing or pretty much anything, Sophie won't walk on demand. I guess she doesn't like being told what to do, but we can't get her to do much for the camera or for friends and family when we ask her to do tricks. I think she does it on purpose to remind me she's in charge! :) Anyway, I got Sophie to walk for the camera when I bribed her with a piece of candy today. Probably not the best parenting... but at least I got her to do it! Notice how she will just start sitting in the air refusing to stand up again after she walks and how happy she is when she finally gets what she wants... she has me wrapped around her finger doesn't she?

11 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

I totally understand being motivated by food.....I'd walk more if I got good food at the end! She's adorable.

cami said...

YEAH Sophie! She is getting so big!

mommaquincy said...

That was hilarious! I loved how you tried to trick her into walking to the candy again and her feet were too fast to get her to stand up. Wow! She's fast!

Mary-Anne said...

Oh my gosh, that is TOO funny! :)

Ann said...

Silly girl, once she's playing around more kids she'll want to walk more becuase it's easier to keep up with them. At least thats what people told me. But as we know our girls are very opposite of each other. :)

The Allens said...

Wow, look at her go! It's hard not to bribe when you can get them to do such cute things with it!

Kolbi Young said...

I think you did great, getting it on camera once! She is a speedy little thing! Don't think of it as bribery....rather motivation :)

Anonymous said...

That is really adorable!! I love how when you tried to get her to do it again she just swings in your arms and gets all upset at you, "Mom, I walked for the candy, now give me some!"

Dannenbergs said...

Yeah Sophie! I love when babies start to walk. It is so fun to watch them figure it out.

Howard and Melissa said...

I LOVE the walking video! I also love all of your scrapbook pages--I need to get that program...which one do you use? Natalie and Aaron moved to Idaho Falls, but Natalie still spends weekdays here for school. We flew through your fair city on Tuesday, and it was windy and FREEZING--Salt Lake was, too, and we wished we were back in sunny Florida.

Shelly said...

That is amazing! She is so big! I cannot believe another snow storm hit! You guys need to come here to the warm weather! it is superb here right now!

OH by the way I get a lot of my digi scrapebooking from http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/ and http://www.shabbyprincess.com/