Monday, March 17, 2008

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop?


Sophie nabbed this tootsie pop off our friend Jake yesterday at church. We let her hold it when we got home with the wrapper on, thinking that she didn't know it was candy. Well, somehow she knows! Sophie can tell if you have candy anywhere on your person and if I leave candy out in plain sight she won't eat anything else! So I have to hide all our candy from her so she will eat meals. Anyway, she got the wrapper off and her eyes widened as she tasted the pure sugary delight that is a tootsie pop!! I didn't have the heart to take it away from her when she was enjoying it so much so we put a bib on her and stuck her in high chair instead. She was a sticky mess but she ate the whole thing, don't know how many licks it took for her to get to the center but it didn't take long!
The other page has pictures from our trip to the park on Saturday. I think I should explain her hobo-like outfit. It was laundry day so she didn't have any clothes left that matched each other. You can't see it because of her jacket but she had on a hot pink and white stripped shirt and the only pants I had for her were those pink ones that clashed pretty bad with the shirt. So I put some shorts over the pants to break it up... didn't want the clashing colors right next to each other. I'm sure you don't really care but I felt the need to explain myself. :) Anyway, Sophie HATED the swing (just look at her face in the picture), liked the slide and the bridge, and LOVED the sand. I don't know why, but she always puts stuff (like sand, rocks, or grass) on her leg. She spends all her time trying to keep as much as she can on there.

8 comments:

cami said...

Cute pages!! I love the black and white picture with the red lollipop. She looked like she was really enjoying it. Great pictures at the park. I like the one of her in the sand the best.

cami said...

Oh...and I love the new header. Just another reminder that warm weather is coming :)

The Hulls said...

Cute pictures! When Reese was younger we let her hold a lollipop with the wrapper still on and she loved it, then we realized that she had nawed(? spelling) through the wrapper. When I tried to take it away she literally shook!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I hate cleaning up sucker messes. They sure do come in handy though. I usually have a couple of emergency dum-dums in my purse. Cute new blog template!

mommaquincy said...

You are such a great artist! I love your pages. Its strange to see Sophie looking soo grown up though!

Anonymous said...

So Cute!! Dallin LOVES suckers too. He makes SUCH a mess though. Anyway, those pictures are adorable.

Dannenbergs said...

Yum, I like candy too Sophie. Paul is the same way as Sophie. If there is candy present he will not eat. Somehow they know the look of candy wrappers.

The Allens said...

Cute pictures and cute blog!! Once they learn about candy it's all over! Katie's obsessed with treats. Sophie looks adorable, even in her 'hobo' outfit!