Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ding Dong the Xbox360 is DEAD!!

I am sorry to say that Dan's best friend is sick, we don't know if it is fatal yet... only time will tell.

Tuesday afternoon after Sophie's birthday party I took a DVD out of the Xbox360 and put in a Baby Einstien movie for Sophie to watch. (We use it as a DVD player too.) When the tray closed it started making some terrible noises like it was having trouble playing the movie so I ejected it, blew it off and put it in again. (Worked with the original Ninetendo right?) Well it kept making the same sounds, so I took it out and called Dan into the room. He was trying to study so I felt bad bothering him but thought he'd want to know about this. When Dan looked at it the tray wouldn't even stay closed with or without a disc in it. Needless to say he was more than a little upset.


The truth is he doesn't have time to play his Xbox very often but it is something he enjoys a lot when he does have time to play. Dan looked it up online and thinks he knows what the problem is, we just need to figure out how to send it into Microsoft to be repaired. I fear it will be a tearful goodbye not knowing when or if his friend will return.

6 comments:

cami said...

That is so sad:(
I know we (yes we) would be sad if ours was sick. We use our XBox 360 with the media center for the computer so I would be sad too. Hopefully it won't take too long.

mommaquincy said...

Good luck Dan! I hope that you can get it fixed before you forget how to play Halo. That would be awful. So do you have a DVD player for Baby Einstein? Is Sophie as sad as you are?

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad!:( Heston is so deprived, I haven't let him have any sort of gaming system. He would love to have an xbox 360 or a wii. His brother just got a new wii and let Heston borrow his old xbox. When he got it home it didn't work. Heston was so upset, but I was secretly glad. ;) How bad am I????

Summer Wilson said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. We can't sympathize because we aren't much of a XBox family. Jessica, how did you do your blog title? I'm new to this blog thing so I don't know how to work it well.

Ann said...

Poor Daniel, should I send him some chewy gobstoppers? I don't think it would fully fill the void. :)

Jason said...

If you haven't figured out what to yet, you can call xbox customer service and they will send you a box to mail them the xbox. It can take a long time to get it back but it usually free except shipping and handling.