This month Sophie has been working on perfecting her crawling skills, she also really enjoys pulling herself up on things so she can stand holding onto them. She has started cruising (walking while holding onto furniture) and standing on her own for brief (but longer than before) amounts of time. She has also turned into quite the chatter box... well babble box really. She loves to imitate everything we say. She will have very serious conversations to us in babble, it's hard not to laugh because she really thinks she is talking to us just like we do to her. One of my favorite things she learned how to do this month is dance! She starts rocking or head banging when ever she can hear music or when she sees something that she knows can play music. She has also learned to wave hello and goodbye which is always fun. My other favorite thing that Sophie has learned to do this month is her "monster grin," that's what my mom calls it. She does this cute smile when she's really happy where she closes her eyes and pulls the corners of her mouth as wide as possible, she usually does it towards the ceiling, too cute. Technically Sophie was 10 months old yesterday but hopefully she didn't grow too much in one day. We are in Utah so her bear pictures are in a different chair and with her cousin's bear (which is identical to Sophie's anyway, how convenient.) She was not in a picture mood so I don't have any good smiles but here are the best ones.

I had to include the one on the right, she was just throwing a tantrum! Dan was trying to get her to smile by showing her his ice cream bar but she just saw that as teasing. She just starting doing this thing the past few days when she is mad she'll throw her head back as hard as she can, several times resulting in her smacking her head on the hard floor. I wish I knew how to
stop her from doing that, she has to know it will hurt! She is so careful about not banging her head on the hard floor when she rolls over or sits from standing but lately she'll just hit it as hard as she can when she doesn't get what she wants!!
Here's a picture of Sophie with her cousin Elise, I thought it was a good depiction of how they are together. They only want what the other one has. Elise is much better than Sophie at sharing though, she will give Sophie stuff to play with if she doesn't want it. Sophie on the other hand, wants it all... all the toys in sight and has a hard time deciding which one she wants most unless Elise is playing with something, then she wants that one! I guess we start young wanting what we don't have.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
10 Monthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Happy 10 monthday to Sophie!
She looks REALLY cute in the pictures! I especially love the one where she is having a little fit. Dallin does the same thing! He too has bumped his head pretty good on the floor while throwing himself back. I think he figured out how much it hurts, because now he only does it when he knows I am sitting behind him. It is funny though, because Deklan never did that so when he started doing it I though, "Why in the world would you do that. That has to hurt." My doctor said it can be an early indicator of the tantrums where they throw themselves on the floor and kick and scream when they don't get what they want. (Which Deklan also never did) I hope he is wrong about that. Not that I love it when they throw any fits, but I prefer screaming and crying fits over on the ground kicking and screaming fits.
She is adorable, even when she's being bad. She was so happy later that day! Too bad we don't all have those special bears!
So cute, I love the teddy bear idea!
It is very cute but, Sophie I think with the tantrum thing is she is just in a really bad mood from 2:00 P.M. on because she is starting to become tired cause she sleeps like crazy! which you already know obviously just thought I would voice my opinion though!
Post a Comment