Friday, October 19, 2007

8 Monthday!!



Do you like my clever title? This morning I told Dan it's Sophie's birthday, and he just gave a look like, "you are an idiot." So I said it is her Monthday, and he seemed satisfied with that. Anyway, this was a good month for milestones! She learned how to crawl this last month and is getting faster every day. She also got two teeth! They are her first, and she's had them for over a week now and I have been trying since the day they came in to get a picture of them but it is surprisingly VERY DIFFICULT to take a picture of them. They are maybe 1/2 a millimeter above her gums now and she only shows them when she is smiling really big. But it is hard to get her to smile when I have the camera in front of my face! Dan and I tried to double team her the other day without success. Anyway, yesterday I finally wised up and sat her on the bathroom counter so she could smile at herself in the mirror and I could snap a picture of her reflection (she likes herself A LOT). You might have to zoom in on the picture but there are two little white bumps on the her gums on the bottom in this picture to the right (those are her teeth). I think she had just turned from her reflection to talk to me when I finally got this picture, I know it's not great... but trust me I tried! I also included one where she is actually smiling at herself (but not showing her teeth).


Besides that Sophie has grown in other ways. She is a lot more opinionated that she used to be, and SASSY! For example, she's always had foods that she doesn't like as well as others but she eats them anyway because we switch off with stuff she does like so she'll keep opening her mouth (aren't we terrible?). Well, the other night when I was at young womens she was soooo mad at Dan for sneaking in green beans she yelled and flapped her arms at him and gave him crusties! (you know with her eyes) She used to just cry when we sneaked in something she didn't want, now she glares at us, whacks the spoon away and/or spits it back into our faces! It's not all bad though, she is also more interactive and fun. She's really playful and laughs more easily (I guess it's because she gets my jokes now... FINALLY! j/k). She is a great sleeper again, and sleeps from 7pm to 7am everyday, which we absolutely love! (I say "again" because she slept through the night when she was 10 weeks until we moved here, and then she stopped. I think she's been sleeping well for about a month now.) Anyway, she's the apple of my eye (or however the saying goes) and I love her more than I ever knew I could love another person!
btw - The picture on the right is one Dan took (pretty good huh?) when we were trying to "double team" her to get a picture of her teeth. I named it an epiphany because it looks like that's what Sophie is having in the picture.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Well she just gets cuter and cuter all the time! I can't hardly even handle it the girl is just so big and smart and cute! and her teeth are very adorable!

mommaquincy said...

Pretty much one beautiful girl and a very pretty Mom,too. Its been a big month! I wonder what she's going to do in the next month? Can she do anything bigger than last month?

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh.. how cute, I wish I had someone like sophie to post on my blog so everyone would loot at it but ya...... Love it can't wait to see her at christmas!

cami said...

I love that picture at the end of her laughing. It is adorable. It's so funny how much kids love to look at themselves in the mirror. There has been so many times I find the kids in my preschool doing that. There are some kids that just can't get enough of themselves.

Tracy Giles said...

I love the pictures you take. You have such a great camera!

The Hulls said...

Sophie is seriously beautiful! It's great to see you (at least through pictures) too! I love this blogging and facebook stuff so you can keep in touch with everyone! Yeah, Reese is light, but definately not skinny, her little cheeks prove that!

jaredelizabeth said...

Wow, I haven't checked your blog in a while and you are one active blogger. I love the pictures....especially the one at the bottom of this post with you and Sophie.