We don’t watch TV much at our house. Not at all really. We are a Netflix and occasional movie family and only on the weekends. The only time the TV is on is when Dan is watching sports, which is not as often as he would like since we don’t get cable and can only watch games televised on a national channel. Anyway, everything changed when the Olympics started, we watched TONS of Olympics, I had the TV on most of the day for 2 weeks straight. And Sophie loved it, of course! Sophie has an amazing memory, here are some of the things she’s said in the last couple of weeks. She’s so influenced by commercials.
Sophie: Wow, Mom! That is a Xfinity bus (van)!!
Me: Really?
Sophie: They are the future of awesome!
Sophie: Tessa, never shake a baby! (Tess was holding her baby Ally)
Tessa: (not skipping I beat) Ok Sophie, I won’t.
Sophie: Mom, I need some Kellogs before I start school because it’s from good things to great things! Can we get some kellogs for me?
Me: Ummmm, maybe. Do you think it would help you in school?
Sophie: Yes, it would.
Sophie: (into a wrapping paper tube she was playing with) NEVER pay for free checking!
Sophie: Mom, who’s our president? Is it Mitt Romney?
Me: No, he wants to be president, he’s running for office. If enough people vote for him he’ll be president, right now our president is Obama.
Sophie: Hey Mom, Mitt Romney got the Olympics safe and secure! He has a huge sense of home.
Me: Wow, I’m impressed you remembered that, you have a good memory Sophie!
Sophie: (under her breath) I’m Barack Obama, and I approve this message.
That’s all I can remember right now.









9 comments:
So if you got your mother's advice on TV she'd remember every word and believe it, right? She is amazing!
Hilarious!!
Oh my gosh! I am peeing my pants! That is SO hilarious! She reminds me so much of Lincoln. I miss you guys!
Oh, I wish that girl lived at my house! I'm Barack Obama! Ha!
What a hoot! I can just picture her saying all of these things. So, so funny!
Sophie and her comments are hilarious! Kids say the funniest things! Thanks for sharing!
That is unbelievable! I needed a good chuckle. Thanks Sophie.
this made me laugh out loud (and i needed a laugh). i'm sure the ad execs would be pleased to know their commercials are making an impact!
I am laughing out loud right now! Sophie is one smart girl!
Post a Comment