Tuesday, August 28, 2012

April sillies

04 02 12_sophie pen head04 13 12_soph tess upside-down 2

Sophie loves this poncho her aunt Joni got her in Peru before she was born.  She’s always looking for an excuse to wear it.  I love it paired with her pink polka-dot rain boots. 

04 20 12_soph poncho boots 04 20 12_soph poncho smile

She was trying to look like Kaya, the American Girl doll she wants.  Tessa loves her crazy-haired Rapunzel baby doll.

04 20 12_tess smile w rapunzel 

Tessa’s black eye, it was not too dark yet in this picture, but it’s on the left side.  I had forgotten how she got it and asked her this afternoon; the explanation sounds funny out of context, “I hit my eye on a lady bug and it made my eye black.”  (It was a lady bug ride-on toy at the park.)

04 26 12_tess black eye from lady bug 2

Meet Worm, the caterpillar.

04 26 12_soph w worm

Worm only lived around an hour as Sophie’s pet. She loved him too hard. :)  Sophie wants a pet so bad!  Practice makes perfect right?  I love you Sophie but I think you need some more practice.

04 26 12_worm the caterpiller

Oh, that kid’s hair is insane!

04 25 12_jake w toys 04 25 12_jake smile

Poor little Tess-a-rella…  btw - I love dirt devils because my kids can use them to clean up their spills.

04 16 12_tess vaccumming

My mom had a layover in Denver on her way to Houston to see a new grandson and we got to go to lunch out by the airport.

04 23 12_lunch w grandma soph tess

She brought a “surprise” for each of the kids (she always does!  what a fun grandma!) Sophie takes surprises seriously, there is NO PEEKING!  I love this picture of her excitedly closing her eyes waiting for the surprise.

04 23 12_soph closed eyes waiting for suprise 2

It was a water gun!  The perfect gift on a hot day.  Tessa was really excited before lunch, here she is while we were waiting for Sophie to get out of preschool to go get Grandma.  She was sleepy at lunch, so that picture is much less cute. :)

04 23 12_soph getting suprise 04 23 12_tess smile outside preschool

Jacob got a cool ball that lights up.  Thanks Grandma!!

04 23 12_jacob's suprise 04 23 12_jacob w ball

Sophie dressed up as Mary one afternoon.  She was with-child, and then delivered with ease.

04 04 12_Sophie as mary birthing 2 04 04 12_Sophie as mary birthing

The proud mother.  She also found a manger for baby Jesus.

04 04 12_Sophie as mary holding jesus 04 04 12_baby jesus

I love my silly kids!  More April to come…

4 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud when you wrote Sophie was "with child and then delivered with ease." So funny! Very cute.

mommaquincy said...

Your girls are so creative and fun! Jacob is bound to be just as crazy creative!

Adam said...

Jacob looks like he would be fun to squish. Can you bring those cute kiddos to CA to play at our house?

Kolbi Young said...

This post made me want to buy a Dirt Devil - haha! It's been so fun catching up on all this year's happenings for your family. So glad you are enjoying the new house and all the decorating opportunities :) I especially loved your reminiscing about Jacob and taking naps with him. My mom reminded me the other day that even though it feels like you don't get much done throughout the day - except caring for kiddos - these are the days we should enjoy just caring for the kiddos. That's been such a hard adjustment for me because I'm such a list maker and nothing seems to be getting crossed off my list :) Thank you for your sweet thoughts about just enjoying the calm, sweet moments with your beautiful baby boy!