Thursday, August 9, 2012

Chapmans visit

chapmans visit cousins, tom and nina on the couch

Our first overnight visitors in our new house was Dan’s family.  We were happy to have them all here, I felt bad that my house was not very moved into yet: the dishwasher was out of commission waiting for the part to come in, the girls’ upstairs bathroom was still a mess with dirt in the tub, my kitchen was still half packed, and we only had our apartment furniture: 1 couch, 1 chair and 1 small table with 4 chairs.  But the Chapman’s are flexible and easy going, so it worked out just fine.

chapmans visit nina and emma chapmans visit tess and tomchapmans visit hanging lr chapmans visit jaycee drinking

chapmans visit jake and ray 2 chapmans visit babies playing

 chapmans visit jaycee choclate chapmans visit candice and jake

One of the days they were here was Nina’s birthday, so we went to the outlet mall for some shopping!  We had a lot of fun helping her pick out some new clothes.

chapmans visit ladies shopping

We forgot it was an outdoor mall, so it was a bit chilly!  The dad’s (minus Dan, who was at work) watched our kids in the food court, bless their hearts.

chapmans visit kids in the mall chapmans visit shopping mall

Then we met up with Dan for a birthday lunch.  I love these pictures of Nina, real genuine smiles, I would guess her sons got her laughing, isn’t she goregous?  I hope I can look half that good when I’m her age!

chapmans visit nina birthday smile 2 chapmans visit nina birthday smile

Notice the birthday gift around her neck.  Ann had it made for her, it’s a nest with eggs in it to represent each of her children.

chapmans visit sweet emma

The big reason for everyone’s visit was to see this little sweetie, get blessed at church by her daddy.  So we headed down South to where they live.  Matt and Cami always have fun stuff planned.  We went and tried out a town specialty…

pueblo slopper pueblo dan w slopper

It’s called a slopper, it’s basically a huge burger with green chili poured over the top eaten out of a bowl with a spoon!  I opted for a chicken sandwich, but tried Dan’s slopper and it was pretty darn good.

pueblo cami tess pueblo elise and tompueblo jacob smile 

And then to the children’s museum!

pueblo museum elise soph tess melody pueblo museum jaycee candice tea

pueblo museum jess emma pueblo museum soph unicorn 

pueblo museum soph computer pueblo museum sophie's pony

pueblo tess throne 2 pueblo tess throne 4 pueblo tess throne 3

pueblo museum tess melody jaycee pueblo museum tess melody

pueblo museum tess horse 2 pueblo museum soph horse

This is getting too long!  I’ll post the blessing day pictures separately.  But we loved having the Chapmans come stay, thanks guys!

2 comments:

Muffy said...

Having family visit is so much fun! :D

mommaquincy said...

Such a great family! And so many cute kids!